Amazing CW camp found!!

umrgolf

One week ago tomorrow, my buddy and I set out in search of a camp we have been researching. Fast forward one week and it feels like I died and went to relic heaven. So far, we've recovered over 200 Starr carbine bullets, and over 70 other bullets (10 different types). Between the two of us, we have found over 150 buttons if you count the button backs. He found the first belt buckle- an eagle sword buckle, and I found the second- this US buckle with arrow hooks. There have been dozens of carved bullets and dozens of other personal items found. We've only hunted it five times and each day we are walking out in utter amazement. :shock:

This post is just the beginning. There are still signals in nearly every direction we walk. I'll be back to share more soon.

These are just my finds,

Jeff

**1/29 update- we went back today and pulled several more nice relics, my buttons from today are in the replies on page 2

**1/30 update is on page 3!

**2/3 update on page 4.. Diggin partner made an INCREDIBLE find today!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,267
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,259
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,258
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,251
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,249
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 1,246
Holy Poo Poo. That's like a life time of finds for a lot of people. Great Job.

What amazing group of relics... you are in relic heaven! Congrats on doing your homework and finding a super location! Can't wait to see what else comes from there.

That's awesome...:wow:
Be sure & give the land owner a couple of finds in appreciation for letting you hunt there...

That's awesome...:wow:
Be sure & give the land owner a couple of finds in appreciation for letting you hunt there...

Thanks! absolutely going to give him more than a couple. He told us last week he doesn't want anything we find even after we showed him the bullets and buttons from the first outing. He thought they were neat but seemed quite uninterested. Either way, I've already got a riker case put together for him that we'll keep adding to as we go along.

As I sit here and slowly shake my head from side to side, drooling, I can't even find the words......:shock:

Nice job guys! I am impressed. I'm hitting a sot that was part of. Braxton braggs camp during the tullahoma campaign don't know what it will reveal.

:shock::shock: Holy !!!!!!! My arms would fall off digging all that!!! They again who needs arms if you have a place like that to hunt. I'd be bring the kids along, give the a crash course on plug digging, and just put little flags down to mark the spot and let them go at it. You're in relic heaven

That's every relic hunters dream to find a virgin site.
Awesome job on the research

They lost all that and no one was nice enough to drop a coin? Those tight wads.
:laughing:

Seriously, great finds, I dreamed of finds like that as a kid living near Wilson's Creek.

They lost all that and no one was nice enough to drop a coin? Those tight wads.
:laughing:

Seriously, great finds, I dreamed of finds like that as a kid living near Wilson's Creek.

It's actually funny you brought that up because we've been talking about the no-coin thing. My hometown is known for its early war camps that give up lots and lots of seated silver, but very few quality relics. This new camp being on the opposite side of town, no coins, and nice relics makes me think strictly later war, which is more or less what the research indicated. I've read that as the war progressed they were being paid with less and less coinage to preserve precious metal.

Back
Top Bottom