8 Reale

bigstemz

Banned
Reales are probably my favorite coin on the planet. So much history behind them and I love pirates, so every reale i see makes me think of blackbeard and port royal! Id love to find a piece of 8 sometime in my lifetime but i know the chances are slim. :roll: SO i bought one from dirty rob. The pics dont do it justice! I know the price of it i just wanted to show off my new coin! Im tempted to pull it out of its holder and keep it in my pocket every day of my life! lol! Thanks again Rob

Attachments

• Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 014.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 014.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 360
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 015.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 015.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 355
that is a sweet coin for sure. A MDer found one out here a while back...yeah in socal!:cool:

They are out here in Socal, and there was a lot of Spanish passing through,,,it is just they are deep in places and I dont know where the others are.>LOL......but yeah there are lots of Spanish artifacts in Cali...just gotta find them. Leo from Socal found a spanish sword in San Clemente in 2004 and a Spanish pistol where I live in 2004 too....the guy is pretty good.

They are out here in Socal, and there was a lot of Spanish passing through,,,it is just they are deep in places and I dont know where the others are.>LOL......but yeah there are lots of Spanish artifacts in Cali...just gotta find them. Leo from Socal found a spanish sword in San Clemente in 2004 and a Spanish pistol where I live in 2004 too....the guy is pretty good.

thats freakin amazing! I live in the northeast, there was some spanish here but mostly just colonies. I guess there is spanish coins that were used during the period by everybody! id love to get into some spanish rich areas and do some hunting, lol need a gpx 5000 to get deep :lol:

I love reales and have quite a nice collection of them :D I may post mine up sometime!

That coin surely is a nice one!

Great coin! It's always a great feeleing to hold a large old silver like that in your hand...makes you wonder where it's been...

I was going through my friend's coins recently and he pulled this out. I was amazed, especially when you look at what it was sold for. He apparently inherited it from his grandfather. It is about 3/4 oz of gold. I assume this is the gold version of what you have?

Attachments

• 2012-10-21_00-53-39_355.jpg
    2012-10-21_00-53-39_355.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 261
  • 2012-10-21_00-53-51_152.jpg
    2012-10-21_00-53-51_152.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 244
I found a half reale once

I love telling people I have 1/16th of a piece of 8 lol

Back
Top Bottom