Laser Pinpointing???

Beefcake

Elite Member
A thought just crossed my mind? :?:How about attaching a laser pointer to the detecter just below the hand-grip. Aim it so that it points to the exact location just below the coil so that when being swung, the laser dot could be seen with the coil about 4 or 5 inches off the ground. It could be sighted in and calibrated by practicing pinpointing a coin under cardboard. Just a thought, If someone invents it (probably already been done), send me some royalties.

That does sound like a pretty good idea........I'll get right on it!!! They do have those little lazer pens that do not cost very much. It might be worth a try.

Not sure what you are saying? my coil never gets 4 to 5 inches off the ground. Ive marked my small coil on the top to show where the coin will be when i pinpoint.

I agree with dewcon.i swing my detector with the coil brushing the grass and have put a heart shaped sticker on the coil where the coin should be and just about always its spot on,no need for pinpointers.

I guess being a newbie to the hobby, I'm still getting used to the detector, let alone pinpointing. But I imagine it will come to me as it does everyone else.

Don pin pointing is one of the hardest things to learn but once you do BAM!! you'll be able to make a small 2 or 3 inch hole and pop out those coins, its just learning about what your detector is saying to you and where the item is located under the coil . using clay and putting coins in it at different angles will help you with this challenge . just put the coin in the clay "so you can still see it " and swing the coil ,try it at different angles since alot of coins can be on there side or what not and throw the pin pointing capabilities off. it all come with practice. but you will get it after you dig some holes ,good luck

Back
Top Bottom