Built My Own Coin Tumbler

hilltopdfx

The Whole set up

DC Motor And Tub

Here is my results after 2 hours of spinning on the left is spun and on the right unspun

So i think it works ok with not to much effort after i spin them for a couple of hours i punched a dozen holes in a coffe can to strain the glass bead from the coins and then while there in the can i rinse them off with water and dry them and put them into a dry coffee can. well there it is my first atempt to tumble coins hope this helps people and im always up for sugestions for improvement or further cleaning. i built this cause i am a tinkerer and had all the parts avaible to me so this tumbler cost me nothing to make but if u wanted to build this unit the motor gearbox is like 120$ and the drive is 70 probaly not costeffective to build but like i said i had the parts. My future improvements would be to make 2 more tumble jars maybe one more for detergant tumble or a rinse tumble

Very nice job there!!!! It's fun to build something useful....just cause you can!!
I sort of went the easy route & bought mine. What do you use for a tumbling medium? I use aquarium gravel which works fairly well. After watching a recent TV program, I added a small handful of BB's to the gravel...seemed to help out some. Best of luck & happy hunting!!

Back
Top Bottom