removing the "brain box" from the MD??

Ganun

didn't know what else to call it. I have a Pioneer 202 MD and while it is fairly light weight, my arm gets sore after awhile of swinging. I thought of just unscrewing it from the pole parts and hanging it from a strap around my neck. That way it would still be attached via the wire from the coil to the "brain box" but I wouldn't be carrying the weight on my arm...I would just be swinging the pole/coil part of the MD.

What does everyone think??? Is it feasible?

It might work. You'll need to strap the wire down by the coil against the rod - if you let the wire swing above the coil, you could get false signals. If the cord is short, you will put extra stress on the cable connector to the brain box. Over time, this could cause problems. Do you think you'll be able to re-connect the brain box to the shaft if you decide you want to? I don't know anything about that detector. All I can do is wish you luck.

Rich

Checked the manual for Pioneer 202 and I see no reason why you couldn't remove the control box from the stem. Have you thought about attaching it to a belt? I'd think it would work better than hanging the box from a strap.

Voriax

Back
Top Bottom