searching 1900 home site found some old relics but no pull tabs or foil

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I have permission to hunt a one acre property with a house and a garage. The house was built in 1900. My adult son and I have searched this property for about 4 hours over two days over our lunch hours. He is using an Garrett Ace 250 with stock coil and I am using the AT Pro with 5 x 8" coil. This is basically his first hunt. I have many years hunting experience looking for gold (nuggets not jewelry) with metal detectors and just under a year using the AT Pro looking for coins and relics. I hunt in the Pro zero mode.

here is what we found so far. I have attached an image to the 3 most interesting finds.

1 round metal 1921 Georgia car dash board registration plate.
1 metal cap with the words Dermatone and Sample and $500 fine for selling samples.
1 small perfume or medicine bottle.

not in picture:
1 round porcelain mason jar lid liner
fragments of iron pipe
1 Lincoln penny
1 modern dime
old rusty bottle cap
old metal cap made of aluminum or some other light metal
other bits of rusted iron fragments

What is interesting is what we have not found:

not a single pull tab
not a single piece of foil
none of the junk you would usually find in a park of this time period.
the owner has lived there for 30 some years and said it has not been searched while he was the owner.

This tells me that this site has great potential. My son is using the stock ace coil concentric and I am using the AT Pro 5x8" DD coil. The plan is after we remove as much as possible, I will switch to the 8 x 11" DD stock coil for the AT Pro to look for deeper targets.

Any suggestions on how to effective search this site will be appreciated. Especially AT Pro settings for this type of home site.

Attachments

• jtfinds2days.jpg
    jtfinds2days.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 88
That's weird, you are supposed to find 10,000 nails from numerous roofing jobs, 20,000 pieces of foil left over from old burn piles and about 5,000 beaver tail beer taps from uncle Eddie. Are you sure your detectors are working?

Back
Top Bottom