Pre-Snow Silver and This One Was Not Shot!

Wildcat1750 (nyjrbethelct)

Forum Supporter
Hard to believe I was out hunting in 50 degree temps this last Wednesday - Now we are back to winter!*Edited

My most recent silver in these woods was a shot 1946 GW Quarter and now I found a 1945 normal one - less than 5 feet away from where I also found a 1929 Wheat Cent.

Found a cool flashlight that was buried an inch or two down but after I cleaned it up it still worked. It cast a really cool blue light beam! I've been told it's used for blood tracking at night - as in deer hunting. Across the creek and further down the trail was a ‘cheapo’ quartz watch with the broken wristband an inch or two away.

Awaiting further exploration next time is a dump in a mucky area that included old car parts (the radiator cap), the POND’S Jar, silver plated spoon, and far more signals than I had time to check out yesterday. As usual I hauled out a bag full of beer, soda, and aerosol cans for the trash.

Thanks For Looking!
Nick

Attachments

• 0208170929-00.jpg
    0208170929-00.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 636
  • 100_9610 - Copy.jpg
    100_9610 - Copy.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 626
  • 100_9612 - Copy.jpg
    100_9612 - Copy.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 536
  • 100_9634 - Copy.jpg
    100_9634 - Copy.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 619
  • 100_9618 - Copy.jpg
    100_9618 - Copy.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 520
  • 100_9619.jpg
    100_9619.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 529
  • 100_9620.jpg
    100_9620.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 549
  • 100_9630.jpg
    100_9630.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 528
  • 0208170931-00.jpg
    0208170931-00.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Whole lot of diggin , congrats ,, HH
Thanks, Ricki7! It was a good workout.

Congrats on the GW, wheat, flashlight and the relics...looks like a real nice patch of woods to dig in!
Thanks, Captain Silver! It's a great spot.

I can't believe there's no white stuff in that picture! Congrats and HH!
Oops, cellrdwellr - I wrote this up the other day but only got around to posting it today. Forgot to edit that first statement. Those spots are totally buried now with more on the way tonight. :snowtruck:

Thanks, Ricki7! It was a good workout.

Thanks, Captain Silver! It's a great spot.

Oops, cellrdwellr - I wrote this up the other day but only got around to posting it today. Forgot to edit that first statement. Those spots are totally buried now with more on the way tonight. :snowtruck:

Bethel CT? How have I never seen you on here before.

This past week sucked with the snow. Gonna be a while before any dirt digging.

Congratulations, on the silver! Love the radiator cap..
Thanks, Dirtfishn350! Alas, the last of the chrome is peeling off though.

Congrats on the nice group of finds and the silver GW!
Thanks, Jamflicker! My luck with silver is ever so ssslowly improving.

Bethel CT? How have I never seen you on here before.

This past week sucked with the snow. Gonna be a while before any dirt digging.
Hey, Swinglow! I've been around - you just weren't looking at the right moment. :D Yes, we are finally snowed in and now I'll have to get some indoor projects done... like cleaning up the basement which really means preserving some of my rusting iron relics. :chaplin:

Silver Quarter

That quarter looks really good for a '45.
You need to be taking the relics and leaving the coins for me to find. :yes:

LOST and FOUND:
One silver quarter lost in the area where you found it, should be returned to alleged owner. <-- (Yep, that's me)
Looks like one pictured above. (um....yeah, that's it) I'll take any other silver you find as well. :laughing:

Nice finds. A Beautiful Coin! Congrats!

Last edited:
That quarter looks really good for a '45.
You need to be taking the relics and leaving the coins for me to find. :yes:

LOST and FOUND:
One silver quarter lost in the area where you found it, should be returned to alleged owner. <-- (Yep, that's me)
Looks like one pictured above. (um....yeah, that's it) I'll take any other silver you find as well. :laughing:

Nice finds. A Beautiful Coin! Congrats!
Thanks, Coinshark! The first thing I did was walk over to the creek and gently wash the dirt off. ;) I learned my lesson about hand rubbing the dirt off silver coins a long time ago, the hard way. :roll: (If you ever want to start a very long thread, just tell everyone how you were so excited that you dry rubbed the coin to get an ID :lol:)
I was waiting for you to follow me and dig up those burdensome silver coins, but it was getting dark and I decided to take the quarter myself! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom