Thinking of another detector to keep in the van...

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Something that's light and compact and cheap and that I won't mind if it gets banged up. I was thinking of used tesoro. Don't want to spend more than $150. Compadre or ??

Something that's light and compact and cheap and that I won't mind if it gets banged up. I was thinking of used tesoro. Don't want to spend more than $150. Compadre or ??

That would be my choice at that price range. Would not want to go plastic if its going to get banged around.

Can't go wrong with an 8" coil Compadre for most all around hunting.
$160 new is a great price for what you get, how it works and will work equally well in open areas, trash filled sites and it is king of the tot lots.
Even with that big coil you can get closer to big metal than anything else I have ever used.

Used Compadres are out there, even the smaller coils work well but the 8" version should be the deepest.

I've seen used ones found from $130 range on down to way below $100.
Someone on another forum bought one of my favorites and just like mine, a sparky 7"coil unit, at a flea market for $40.

At these prices paying for it quickly in coin and jewelry finds is a forgone conclusion.

... I was thinking of used tesoro. Don't want to spend more than $150. Compadre or ??

Used Compadres are out there, even the smaller coils work well but the 8" version should be the deepest....

I've seen used ones found from $130 range on down to way below $100.
Someone on another forum bought one of my favorites and just like mine, a sparky 7"coil unit, at a flea market for $40.

($0.02) If you are in Florida, there are two for sale on CL. One is $70 and the other is $110.

You can get a new Eurotech direct from Technetics for $135 and free shipping - PM me if you were interested and I will send you details of how to do it.

If you are going to leave it in your van all of the time you don't want to have too much invested in it. Someone could break in and take it. Someone broke into my car and took a new set of headphones last year. For some reason I decided to take my detector inside that night. I usually left it in my car. Not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom