CTX on an Impossible Target

Trashfinder

Forum Supporter
I have a test bed with one impossible target, that no machine has ever been able to tone or visual ID the dime. I have included a picture for reference. I discovered though that while pin-pointing the CTX actually can see and ID the dime very well! I made a video to show this. Excuse the quality i only have an Iphone to make videos , although my sport camera should arrive soon.

https://youtu.be/3XkIEeDppkI

Attachments

• HARD Maskiing.jpg
    HARD Maskiing.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 244
That does look difficult. Do you have access to a Tesoro Tejon? That's one machine that I think might have a chance.

That does look difficult. Do you have access to a Tesoro Tejon? That's one machine that I think might have a chance.

I have tried the Cortes with small and stock coils. I am looking at a used Tejon right now. I have been researching them and it would seem that the Tejon might be one of Tesoro's best machines. I will end up with one eventually and when i do i will get back to you with the results.

One thing i have started doing, which i should have said in the original post.... When i know i have something junk under the coil like a 12-16 pulltab, i take an extra minute of my time and do the target trace approach from the side of where the target was located, to see if there is a masked coin near it. If i am not tired of digging though, i dig a lot of pull tab signals just in case of it being a gold ring.

You can see on target trace that the 7 inch dime is quite faint compared to 2.5 inch tab. Even in high trash with the tab disc out the signal is faint enough the CTX will not tone off on it. I think in a future release maybe Minelab will lower the value on signal strength that is required in the software to get the CTX to tone off on the good target that it sees.:grin:

I think if the depth discrepancy between the tab and dime was not so big like maybe only 3 inches or less instead of 4.5, that the trace signal would have been strong enough to elicit a tone as well.

I've never used a Tejon, but some of the videos I've seen leads me to believe it might have a chance as well.

OP, that is a very interesting observation on the CTX. Thanks for sharing!

I have a test bed with one impossible target, that no machine has ever been able to tone or visual ID the dime. I have included a picture for reference. I discovered though that while pin-pointing the CTX actually can see and ID the dime very well! I made a video to show this. Excuse the quality i only have an Iphone to make videos , although my sport camera should arrive soon.

https://youtu.be/3XkIEeDppkI

Great post! The Minelab CTX 3030 target trace feature works very well! This will help people see how good it is!

How long has the dime been buried? FBS machines work much better if the target has been buried over a year or so.

Great post! The Minelab CTX 3030 target trace feature works very well! This will help people see how good it is!

How long has the dime been buried? FBS machines work much better if the target has been buried over a year or so.

Only a year now and it is a clad dime not silver. I was just impressed that it was so obvious that it sees it so clearly! I gave up way to early on the first two CTX's i had. It is a very impressive machine when i finally started to understand and experiment with settings to learn how it responds. Even to change the tones (pitch hold, smooth, long, normal) effect it. I did not spend the time in the test garden i should have with the first two like i have this one!

I can truly say, that if you do not spend the time in a test garden with the machine you will never realize it's full capabilities! Actually that goes for any machine! It is what has made me a lot better hunter with all my machines. I used to get one and just head out to detect only to get frustrated!

Only a year now and it is a clad dime not silver. I was just impressed that it was so obvious that it sees it so clearly! I gave up way to early on the first two CTX's i had. It is a very impressive machine when i finally started to understand and experiment with settings to learn how it responds. Even to change the tones (pitch hold, smooth, long, normal) effect it. I did not spend the time in the test garden i should have with the first two like i have this one!

I can truly say, that if you do not spend the time in a test garden with the machine you will never realize it's full capabilities! Actually that goes for any machine! It is what has made me a lot better hunter with all my machines. I used to get one and just head out to detect only to get frustrated!

This is the best advice that someone that has a ctx 3030 can do .
Also thashfinder keep playing around more things well show up that you did not no.

Back
Top Bottom