MX Sport fan club

aag800

After all of the bashing of Whites I have seen lately, I just want to say, I love my MX Sport! I don't really spend too much time on forums, but was sitting (and swinging) on the beach last week and got "caught up". I know everyone is entitled to there opinion and I truly respect that. I think the problem I have is the fact that some guys, that have a lot more free time to detect than me, post some problems with a machine and almost literally start a funeral precession. And boy does that get a big ball of barn rolling. I caught myself thinking, "man, I have to sell this thing and no one is going to want it and I just lost $750". Then I got back to my non digital reality and realized that I actually like this machine and have found some cool stuff and stayed out in a light rain one night and enjoyed a hunt for an hour longer than I normally would have. Yes, I like my MX sport and I'm not selling it because I like it. I did send it back for the firmware upgrade and I got a new hat out of the deal. If my screen cracks ill send it back and maybe get a t-shirt. Who knows? Short story long, I like my MX sport and am not going to over think my favorite hobby. Just gonna dig up some cool old metal things.

Hey man, glad to see you like your MXS! I had the newest firmware, but had to send mine back for the screen cover cracks. Whites had her fixed up and back home for a total 9 days gone. Not bad. I'll be keeping mine for sure as I, as well as several others here, think it's a winner. After the storm rolls by, you'll see a lot more agreeing I'm sure. Congrats on a fine machine and here's to lots of treasure! :cheers:

Having owned many White's in the past and knowing the are a top notch company that stands behind there products I would not hesitate to purchase a MX Sport. As a matter of fact I am looking at picking one up soon I think it will be a nice addition to my Tiger Shark and AT Pro.:yes:

I like mine quite a lot. It's still at the factor for warranty work. I emailed them yesterday. They should have it on its way home next week. It's been there a month. Steve Howard told me the upgraded replacement parts tested out really well. It was good when I sent it. I expect it will be even better with no cracks or strange hum when it returns.

I like mine quite a lot. It's still at the factor for warranty work. I emailed them yesterday. They should have it on its way home next week. It's been there a month. Steve Howard told me the upgraded replacement parts tested out really well. It was good when I sent it. I expect it will be even better with no cracks or strange hum when it returns.

I can't believe they still have your machine NCDFX! I've already got mine home and scored a little sterling and a couple decent oldies with it...Hopefully you get the hat AND a T-shirt!:shock:

I can't believe they still have your machine NCDFX! I've already got mine home and scored a little sterling and a couple decent oldies with it...Hopefully you get the hat AND a T-shirt!:shock:

Strange, isn't it? Whatever is going on with mine, it required new parts that had to be tested. I'm guessing their rapid aging tests. According to Steve Howard, the testing went extremely well with no more issues or failures. I'm ok to wait because it sounds like I'll get a great machine back. Still, it's been there awfully long. Maybe they can throw a trx in the box as compensation?

Strange, isn't it? Whatever is going on with mine, it required new parts that had to be tested. I'm guessing their rapid aging tests. According to Steve Howard, the testing went extremely well with no more issues or failures. I'm ok to wait because it sounds like I'll get a great machine back. Still, it's been there awfully long. Maybe they can throw a trx in the box as compensation?

Yeah, they should throw you one to help take the sting out!

Was heading out the door last evening. Found a box on my porch. Right size.....yes. my mx sport is finally home. Got home late so all I had time to do is open the box. Everything looks brand new. I'll have to check the serial number to see if it's the same machine.

Was heading out the door last evening. Found a box on my porch. Right size.....yes. my mx sport is finally home. Got home late so all I had time to do is open the box. Everything looks brand new. I'll have to check the serial number to see if it's the same machine.

Glad she made it home! Weird that they had it so long, and now everything looks new...I guess Whites works in mysterious ways. So far the new parts they put on mine look good, so here's to thinking they got everything sorted and the internet can unwad its panties about this machine. :D Good luck and HH!

Glad she made it home! Weird that they had it so long, and now everything looks new...I guess Whites works in mysterious ways. So far the new parts they put on mine look good, so here's to thinking they got everything sorted and the internet can unwad its panties about this machine. :D Good luck and HH!

Thanks, hopefully I can get out this weekend. I put it together and checked it out. The face plate looks good and the back light hum is gone with the headphones on. Those were my two complaints. Hope everything else works now, too. Like the audio modulation. I don't use it but it should still work as promised. Like you, I'm glad the furor has died down. It was getting really old. Maybe those guys should buy a deteknix.:laughing:

Thanks, hopefully I can get out this weekend. I put it together and checked it out. The face plate looks good and the back light hum is gone with the headphones on. Those were my two complaints. Hope everything else works now, too. Like the audio modulation. I don't use it but it should still work as promised. Like you, I'm glad the furor has died down. It was getting really old. Maybe those guys should buy a deteknix.:laughing:

I don't use the modulation either, or the backlight. I agree that everything should work as it's supposed to whether you use it or not. I took mine out this evening to a spot that I'd gridded out with the M6. I'm by no means putting down the M6, as I've pulled lots of great finds with it and trust it completely. I ran the same 15X15 foot area strictly for a comparison. Ended up with three quarters, a dime, 3 copper memorials and a junk plated bracelet. All these targets had trash/other signals either within the coil area, or in close proximity to them. The little plated bracelet had a pull tab and a large piece of foil in the plug with it. None of these targets were deep, so a depth comparison isn't involved in these results. What is obvious and eye opening here is the target separation. I used the 10" D2 on the M6 and the stock 10" coil on the MXS. The ability of the MXS to work through the trash compared to the M6 is significant to say the least. I'll be picking up the 6X10 coil as soon as I can afford it and it should improve on an already impressive machine. HH!

I don't use the modulation either, or the backlight. I agree that everything should work as it's supposed to whether you use it or not. I took mine out this evening to a spot that I'd gridded out with the M6. I'm by no means putting down the M6, as I've pulled lots of great finds with it and trust it completely. I ran the same 15X15 foot area strictly for a comparison. Ended up with three quarters, a dime, 3 copper memorials and a junk plated bracelet. All these targets had trash/other signals either within the coil area, or in close proximity to them. The little plated bracelet had a pull tab and a large piece of foil in the plug with it. None of these targets were deep, so a depth comparison isn't involved in these results. What is obvious and eye opening here is the target separation. I used the 10" D2 on the M6 and the stock 10" coil on the MXS. The ability of the MXS to work through the trash compared to the M6 is significant to say the least. I'll be picking up the 6X10 coil as soon as I can afford it and it should improve on an already impressive machine. HH!

Ditto for me on the 6x10.

Back
Top Bottom