MX Sport brings home some silver

Oldsjunkie

Forum Supporter
Hit a park I hadn't been to today. Didn't get to hit the old part of the park, but did get on the part where the baseball diamonds were. These diamonds were put in in the 50s, so I didn't have high hopes for silver coinage. A couple other detectorists, Whites swingers as well, showed up. One said they'd been hitting the place for years and had only pulled one silver coin out of the area. Hit the sterling earring fairly early on. The MXS is now initiated! VDI was a little jumpy, 48-50, 48-50. Turned 90 degrees and saw 50-52, 50-52. Sounded solid though. This is why we rely on those tones! Woodbury lipstick tube came later, late 40s or so. Thought I hit the mate to the earring heading back to the Jeep, got a similar sound and VDI, but ended up being a quarter with a nickel stuck on top of it...:laughing: $2.83 in clad. Thanks for looking and HH!

keepers.jpg

best.jpg

dirtyfront.jpg

sterlingfront.jpg

sterlingback.jpg

I been hoping to try out the MX but cash strapped.

That is so cool. I like anything I find. The fact we can see something under the dirt and recover it is amazing. Truth be told I found more gold in rings than I ever found prospecting. lol

BOOYAAAH!!! Congrats on the silv in the pock! :lol:

View attachment 359470

That is so cool. I like anything I find. The fact we can see something under the dirt and recover it is amazing. Truth be told I found more gold in rings than I ever found prospecting. lol

Thanks fellas! That cat is me strolling to the Jeep...without the tail. It's funny how "I'll just hit it a couple hours" turns into five, just because it's so damn fun seeing what's gonna pop out of the dirt next!:aok:

Thanks fellas! That cat is me strolling to the Jeep...without the tail. It's funny how "I'll just hit it a couple hours" turns into five, just because it's so damn fun seeing what's gonna pop out of the dirt next!:aok:

Yeah my wife knows my quick hunts, and just says "See you...tonight...:lol:

It just flies by man. I'm thinking "Why am I so worn out? Man, my back hurts! Wait, I've been swinging five hours without even taking a break!"...:wow:

I've had some hunts where I came back feeling like I got whupped on... Back hurting, calves, hamtrings hurting, ears ringing, headache, fatigued, barely able to stay awake, dehydrated, stinky... and all I could think about is the next hunt...lol

Nice finds.

Congrats

Btw,,one thing I haven't seen and would like to,,,is some head to head MX sport against V3i.

I think my machine is deep,,especially for what it cost,,,and punches my ground here very well--- better than some of my other detectors.

Again congrats

Nice finds.

Congrats

Btw,,one thing I haven't seen and would like to,,,is some head to head MX sport against V3i.

I think my machine is deep,,especially for what it cost,,,and punches my ground here very well--- better than some of my other detectors.

Again congrats

Thanks tnsharpshooter! I'd be interested in seeing that too. The machine is definitely deep. I think the V3i probably IDs better on deeper targets, especially with spectragraph. The thing I notice most with the MXS is that the recovery and separation seem really good for wearing a stock 10" DD. I think a lot of folks that use it the first few times don't realize that it's REALLY sensitive so that it can be used for prospecting those tiny nuggets. It runs deep on sensitivity 5 or 6 and if you try to crank it up in anything but a really clean site, it's gonna sound like R2D2 and a goose screaming at each other! :lol:

Thanks tnsharpshooter! I'd be interested in seeing that too. The machine is definitely deep. I think the V3i probably IDs better on deeper targets, especially with spectragraph. The thing I notice most with the MXS is that the recovery and separation seem really good for wearing a stock 10" DD. I think a lot of folks that use it the first few times don't realize that it's REALLY sensitive so that it can be used for prospecting those tiny nuggets. It runs deep on sensitivity 5 or 6 and if you try to crank it up in anything but a really clean site, it's gonna sound like R2D2 and a goose screaming at each other! :lol:

an't that the truth!!!!!!!! i was in a old school yard today
(1934-1972) that has been used as a meeting place for gospel and bluegrass singing for the last 30 years or so and there is everything from Christmas lights to pencil tops and everything in between. trying to run my mxs wide open is like standing in a arcade with a 100 different games going on. i switched to hi-trash with the sensitivity set at 5 and the dis set at 0. i was still hitting targets at 8 & 9 inches. the ground is so hard i was only digging the 2 & 3 inch stuff, ending up with a $1.26 in clad oldest was a 57 nickel. thats makes around $12. in 4 trips to that place but no silver. i will be glad when the wet season makes it back.

Desert equals stickers and cactus needes.

Why's that?

The cacti go right a soft tennis shoe. But the hard rocks in the dry wash (arroyo) I was in are like big marbles. After a while (3 hours) my feet had hot spots and I limped to the car. But what a fun day. Didnt find a thing but had a ball doing it.

There was music being played by someone and I just rocked on while probed. I was practicing using a probe. It was I had to get out of the house things.

The cacti go right a soft tennis shoe. But the hard rocks in the dry wash (arroyo) I was in are like big marbles. After a while (3 hours) my feet had hot spots and I limped to the car. But what a fun day. Didnt find a thing but had a ball doing it.

There was music being played by someone and I just rocked on while probed. I was practicing using a probe. It was I had to get out of the house things.

Yeah, sometimes you just gotta get out there and break the monotony even if you take the skunk...I always figure a skunk hunt today means a killer hunt on another day. HH!

It's chrome plated pot metal. It doesn't look nearly as pretty in real life. :yes:

10-4...

I think sometimes some guys figure a piece is junk because it isn't marked, and didn't ring up in the "silver range"...

Congrats on the real deal anyway!

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom