Ring my bell

dirt dick

Elite Member
68694150212cdb720fe9eaa4be81e681.jpg

Found a bell today, six inches down between a penny and a quarter signal in a trashy area. I have found other crota bells before, but this kind is one , that was on my hope to finds relic list.
Only thing the strike and wire are gone,
Maybe I can reattach one?
Photo after a nice hot soapy bath......
189a3f57b6e1e96cceebf64213c541f3.jpg

e91652eb512714b9c00acf0a27d11d54.jpg

[emoji41] thanks for looking DD

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Beauty there! Yeah you can certainly replace the wire and striker..you will be the first human whos heard its tone in a long time there!
Mud

Nice find Dirt! :cool:

Still looking for one myself.

What is it made out of? :?:

Very nice bell!
I found one like that and I believe they are from some type of yoke worn by animals:yes:

I'm pretty sure it's brass, inside has a greenish tone, I could clean it with a brass cleaner, but I love it's patina, It will stay the way it is.
Maybe for cows or goats that size? Don't know for sure???
but where I found it I'd be more inclined to think it was above a store's front door.
" when a customer would enter a store, either it would ring with the door striking it? alerting the clerk that they had a customer....? or the strike was in the bell, (now gone)
I found it near a sidewalk where a store used to be, that burned down years ago.

I'm pretty sure it's brass, inside has a greenish tone, I could clean it with a brass cleaner, but I love it's patina, It will stay the way it is.
Maybe for cows or goats that size? Don't know for sure???
but where I found it I'd be more inclined to think it was above a store's front door.
" when a customer would enter a store, either it would ring with the door striking it? alerting the clerk that they had a customer....? or the strike was in the bell, (now gone)
I found it near a sidewalk where a store used to be, that burned down years ago.

Open mouth bell...

Here is a great site...

http://classicbells.com/info/Open.html

<°)))>{

I'm just gonna throw this out there for contemplation. :D

It looks like a candle snuffer to me, as I see no where inside where a striker would have hung...just an opinion. :)

Back
Top Bottom