Minelab xs 2a? garage sale find

tractmanrrl

It just occurred to me. Why buy an excal when I can use this. Arn't they almost the same? Add a water proof box, change the shaft, the coil is water proof. Use at low tide. I paid $25. It is missing the battery door. The LCD meter plug was shot. I plugged the coil into the main box bypassing the meter. It runs without the meter just fine. It has the white 8-9 inch coil. Can't hurt.

Last edited:
$25 for a Sovereign...score! It's pretty much the same as a Excal except the Sov has a notch knob...the white Coinsearch coils are not waterproof. Post some pix of it!

I think the white coils are not 100% water proof like bruce said. I do know the Sunrays that are white are not water proof at all, I bought a little Sunray 5 inch and killed it in one hunt.. Got a New Black one works great submerged in the water...

$25 for a Sovereign...score! It's pretty much the same as a Excal except the Sov has a notch knob...the white Coinsearch coils are not waterproof. Post some pix of it!

Thanks for the heads up on the coil. Will post pics tomorrow. When I first saw it the seller was working on it. Just for chance I asked if it was for sale. He said it needed work, then said yes. yes!

ef6162554e4177ce152021d660f0c84a.jpg
facbf0bfc65d31a0648f285931deca89.jpg
54777aa2f9afeeb58162b00b0bd7c24b.jpg
f6690eb98a257ab37f3514e001f98228.jpg

Nice find, I ran the XS 2a Pro, it wasn't my cup of tea for relic hunting but the beach hunters love them around here. It's worth more than $25, much more. I ran a Sunray DTI2 meter on mine and a 12in Sunray coil.

The battery springs were missing. Soildered new connector. The battery holder was cracked. The battery door is missing. The meter plug was damaged. It was not working when I got it. Other than that it is a real cream puff. : )

I dig it

Back
Top Bottom