Coil Making Resources?

Diggum

Elite Member
I've been thinking of making a coil. I'm hoping that if I can learn the secret sauce in coil making, maybe I can make one better than what I can buy. Does anyone have some good resources on theory and build? I want to make a DD, for the record.

I've been thinking of making a coil. I'm hoping that if I can learn the secret sauce in coil making, maybe I can make one better than what I can buy. Does anyone have some good resources on theory and build? I want to make a DD, for the record.

Quite an ambitious project. I hope you are skilled in E-mag, Field, and Antenna theory ;) I wish I was in to detecting when I was getting my degree in EE. Probably would have specialized in those things so I could make detectors.

Look up Frederick Barnes on youtube, he tells how to make coils, waterproof detectors etc etc

I have some experience in electronics, as a hobby, and would feel extremely lucky, if I built a coil, that works almost as good, as manufactured one. Actually, would surprised if it worked at all... Think winding a better coil is dreaming. I'm sure it can be done, but I've never had a good experience hand-winding coils for projects, but I'm a little sloppy.

Back
Top Bottom