Minelab Explorer XS structural problems

I

irving

I aquired an xs from a friend of mine, and the plastic shaft latch(under the control box) had cracked, making the entire shaft loose. We put a bead of J-B Weld around the metal shaft, where it joins into the plastic part. It is now sturdy. I was hunting the other day on a farm that had some dogs. I noticed that every time I got a reading, the dogs would come charging. I thought that was odd. Then I realized that, the small headphone jack was loose, and the speaker was working along with my headphones. I have one of those stand-1/4" converters(an accessory) for the older machines. I have e-mailed Minelab, and got no response. Do any of you know if they would re-do my machine, and fix it like new? The electronics work fine, and this machine has found some PHENOMINAL FINDS!! I'm wondering if the JB Weld could be easily removed for a fix at the factory. My main concern is the jack. I put a drop of super glue on the jack, and it may last a while, but I want my machine in top order. Thanks for any help......Rv

Minelab will fix i for sure. It is out of warranty however and I suggest that you get an estimate first. If you have any problems with them let me know and I'll give you an assist. :yes:

Thank you, Tony CT. With the new site that I have to hunt, I need it to be in good working order. Thanks again, and good luck hunting!........Rv

Back
Top Bottom