New Permission & Only 1 Chance Help!!

It's going down Saturday and I am pumped!!!

I'm gonna try and get a full day of Detecting and dig it all. Why? " cause all holes matter", Hoover Boys.

Have another question for y'all, initially this is a one time shot at this permission, I am hoping to get an invite back. Any suggestion on sweeting the pot to get them to OK another few trips?

Thought about handing over a Merc and a IHP from my collection just to hand over a little history.

What do y'all think?

Hope you do well , so how areyou approaching the hunt ? I want to get the tornado this spring , the first opportunity I get at a new area I will try both coils . Going to mark off a strip of ground and try both before Diggin , first the tornado, then the 5/8 . I want to know if I'm missing with the smaller and if the pinpointing is a problem . Guessing the larger coil may do better in the woods and beach where diggin not a problem . I do like the 5/8 better then the stock , think I may be missing some coverage .
HH

Hope you do well , so how areyou approaching the hunt ? I want to get the tornado this spring , the first opportunity I get at a new area I will try both coils . Going to mark off a strip of ground and try both before Diggin , first the tornado, then the 5/8 . I want to know if I'm missing with the smaller and if the pinpointing is a problem . Guessing the larger coil may do better in the woods and beach where diggin not a problem . I do like the 5/8 better then the stock , think I may be missing some coverage .

HH

Gonna hit up the tree lines, common areas and dig it all!! Slow and steady. I need to pick up some knee pads.

That looks a lot like an old church north of Caddo Mills. I've only seen it in friend's videos but it's very similar. If by the unusual chance it is the same, it's been worked hard by good hunters. Hours can go by without a good signal there. That would drive me nuts. I guess Caddo Mills could be called to be in East Texas.

That looks a lot like an old church north of Caddo Mills. I've only seen it in friend's videos but it's very similar. If by the unusual chance it is the same, it's been worked hard by good hunters. Hours can go by without a good signal there. That would drive me nuts. I guess Caddo Mills could be called to be in East Texas.

Nah this is little more East than Caddo Mills.

Don't change the diet of a winning race horse!

I did the same thing as you. Halfway through the day I switched back to my 5x8.

The NEL storm is a good coil but it is sensitive. It seems to be overly sensitive and sometimes send off false signals repeatable false signals at that. Also i cannot even use this coil if the ground is to wet in my rich sandy soil.

My stock shaft was to "limp" and it makes it false signal. Jerry and nectar from antique hooked me up with an Anderson shaft that cured that. He also sold me the NEL coil. Great guys, i do recommend them if you do buy it.

side effect of a lose shaft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCeKiWtAkjc

Long story short is it is a game changer and you don't want to relearn your detector on a spot you get 1 shot at.

I'd hit the obvious spots then move on to where i think parking would have been from there trees or ground indentions of old trees.

Good luck let us know what you find...

P.S After you do your hunt you should give them one of your finds as a gift and maybe bake them a cake you just might recieve an open invitation

Thanks so much! I also have that problem and was hating that Nel Storm coil. I'll look in an Anderson shaft.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have given this ALOT of thought...I figure about the ONLY way you are going to get that hunted properly is to invite a few of us local boys to help out!!!...LOL...just kidding. It looks like a good spot. Hope you find a lot of some great items.

Good Luck!!!

This is the scenario I wld hope for to maybe score another day or two.... Like to see the owner at the end of the one day's hunt. He/she wld see how you left the yard just as neat as you found it and you cld say whew I really worked hard today....thanks so much! maybe show a few things you found and especially the trash you collected!:yes: Then casually mention how you sure wld love to try there again because you just cldn't cover it all in one day....all the while being friendly and polite of course. Possibly talk a little about how working at different angles can let you hear signals you didn't hear before.....Use your imagination:laughing: Can't wait to hear if you're able to get another day or two! (and see what ya find of course)!! Good Luck

Have given this ALOT of thought...I figure about the ONLY way you are going to get that hunted properly is to invite a few of us local boys to help out!!!...LOL...just kidding. It looks like a good spot. Hope you find a lot of some great items.

Good Luck!!!

LOL I would have invited my buddies but I had to pry this permission to get it, took him 4 days to think about it and I wasn't gonna push it once I got the OK. Can't wait to get out there.

This is the scenario I wld hope for to maybe score another day or two.... Like to see the owner at the end of the one day's hunt. He/she wld see how you left the yard just as neat as you found it and you cld say whew I really worked hard today....thanks so much! maybe show a few things you found and especially the trash you collected!:yes: Then casually mention how you sure wld love to try there again because you just cldn't cover it all in one day....all the while being friendly and polite of course. Possibly talk a little about how working at different angles can let you hear signals you didn't hear before.....Use your imagination:laughing: Can't wait to hear if you're able to get another day or two! (and see what ya find of course)!! Good Luck

Yeah the owner is gonna meet me early morning and I told him to come by anytime and I'll show him the spoils. I also said I'd swing by his house at the end of the day and let him see everything. I'll defiantly be working to get another hunt if I can no way I'll be able to get it all.

I bet as soon as the owner sees you aren't doing any damage to the property and you show them some of the good finds, they will let you come back.

Stick with the 5x8!

I have 3 ATPs and 2 have the 5x8 coil. It is light enough that you will be able to swing it much longer than a larger, heavier coil. Plus the responses will probably be different and if you only have one chance, why do anything that might prevent you from maximizing the opportunity. You know your ATP with the 5x8. Stick with it.

New Permission & Only 1 Chance Help!!

Well the Church was hunted out! Picked clean years before. I was Detecting for about 3 hours with only film flam and 2 zincs to show. I see the neighbor walk out and wave me down, asked if I found anything. He said he felt bad he didn't catch me sooner. He is also a detectorist and has picked it clean for years since he got permission years ago and it butts to his property. It wasn't all a bust, I struck up a new friendship with him and he has some permissions we are gonna hit soon. He was very nice and looking forward to having another hunting partner. All in all still had a good day enjoying the beautiful weather and met a new hunting buddy!

125 year old primaries baptist church, no power, water, a/c, did have a fireplace.
c4847388df45464ab7b8c81625d1d015.jpg

My thoughts are that you should go with what you know best. The AT Pro is an awesome detector and you have knowledge and a feel for it. If you indeed only have one day, so be it. Don't do anything too much different than you would normally. In fact, maybe think like an archaeologist and go with random sampling. Perhaps create a grid of sorts, even mentally, and then hit random squares of that grid and see what develops. Let the law of probability guide you and most of all let the element of chance underscore your overall expectations. You will bring to the light what you are meant to on that day and under those circumstances. I wish you good weather, great conditions and many finds. Good luck! Can't wait to see your post afterwards!

Back
Top Bottom