Silver #5 and #6 FTY!

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
Went out for a few hours with Wilddigger to an old fairgrounds.. Got #5 and #6 silvers for the year. Also 3 wheats and $4.25 in clad.. He also got some goodies.. HH! Video up on YouTube..

Attachments

• 16650164_1556353774378316_869963427_n.jpg
    16650164_1556353774378316_869963427_n.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 416
Congrats on another nice hunt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was a good hunt. We both got a quarter and Rosie. Still hard to believe silver is left there. With all the trash we know there has to be gold.

Thanks everyone.. Going to be going back there very soon..

Please understand.....I'm not trying to cause trouble here or degrade your recovery techniques. I'm merely wondering why your holes are so big and you don't use a ground cloth to put the dirt on? I'm used to hunting city parks and occasional fairgrounds, and my plugs are never more than 2 or 3" in diameter and I always put the dirt on a piece of canvas so as not to leave a dirty stain on the grass where non detectorists can see them and complain about our hobby. I use a Bullseye TRX pinpointer which tells me almost exactly where to cut the plug. The smallest and most inconspicuous recovery holes prevent the most complaints. Hope I don't ruffle any feathers here.....certainly not trying to. Just curious. And congrats on all that silver! I haven't found a silver quarter for years!

Please understand.....I'm not trying to cause trouble here or degrade your recovery techniques. I'm merely wondering why your holes are so big and you don't use a ground cloth to put the dirt on? I'm used to hunting city parks and occasional fairgrounds, and my plugs are never more than 2 or 3" in diameter and I always put the dirt on a piece of canvas so as not to leave a dirty stain on the grass where non detectorists can see them and complain about our hobby. I use a Bullseye TRX pinpointer which tells me almost exactly where to cut the plug. The smallest and most inconspicuous recovery holes prevent the most complaints. Hope I don't ruffle any feathers here.....certainly not trying to. Just curious. And congrats on all that silver! I haven't found a silver quarter for years!

The ground is half dirt half gravel and we where using ground cloths until the one in charge told us do not waste our time. They don't care as the carnival people make more of a mess then we would. I can cut a 8in plug and hide it better then a smaller one in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom