Screwdriver or probe sheath ?

A piece of Kydex would would great for a screwdriver sheathe.

I recently decided to give working with kydex a go. In my efforts to train myself in the craft I have so far only made 5 sheaths for various objects, everything from a Klein cable knife to a pair of needle nose vice grips. Nothing near my workbench is guaranteed to be safe from the kydex press. LOL

Anyway this is what I came up with for my coin popping screwdriver.

Attachments

• CoinPopperSheath.jpg
    CoinPopperSheath.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 470
I recently decided to give working with kydex a go. In my efforts to train myself in the craft I have so far only made 5 sheaths for various objects, everything from a Klein cable knife to a pair of needle nose vice grips. Nothing near my workbench is guaranteed to be safe from the kydex press. LOL

Anyway this is what I came up with for my coin popping screwdriver.
That looks great Lardactyl! If the eylete holes are on 3/4 centers you can mount a Teklok right on there. There is some leather textured Holstex now that would give a traditional look too, working with it is the same as kydex. I just built this gear for a buddy in it.
ba63fb675699744986c901b11c9061f1.jpg
00e0ac8cc30adf024b9114d7d849080a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That looks great Lardactyl! If the eylete holes are on 3/4 centers you can mount a Teklok right on there. There is some leather textured Holstex now that would give a traditional look too, working with it is the same as kydex. I just built this gear for a buddy in it.
ba63fb675699744986c901b11c9061f1.jpg
00e0ac8cc30adf024b9114d7d849080a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's a good looking holster. I actually have a bit of Holstex on order.
The holes on the screwdriver sheath are spaced 1.5" on center so the Teklok fits nicely. In fact I just installed a Teklok on the sheath getting ready to go out in the yard and get one more hunt in for 2016.

Back
Top Bottom