Anyone recognize this crest?

leecrosson

Found on the property of a home built in 1791. It appears to be a brass pin(? - it has nothing on the back that would indicate this however) - about the size of a quarter. Features a white horse top center, and what appears to be a wheeled cannon bottom center. Deep red and white field. Anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_1371.jpg
    IMG_1371.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 677
no clue, but awsome find. hope someone can give us some imfo. HH blev

Yeah - I'm very excited. This might give me a great excuse to brush up on my crests and coats of arms. Not a bad way to spend my time, I would say!

Any ideas what it could be? There doesn't appear to be anything on that back that might have once held a pin or any other kind of attachment. Just a circle that looks more like a consequence of casting than anything else. Time frame thoughts? This is new territory for me. Thus, I have grand dreams ...

It's a shame that without the motto it's so hard to ID. It's most definitely field artillery... the keystone shape makes you wanna think Pennsylvania, or part of the "Keystone" Division. The field makes you wanna say a unit in Alabama... I really haven't a clue. Red, white, wheeled cannons and horse heads are all very common in the FA DUI scene.

Found one too in my grandparents stuff

I found that has the same crest but has other thing around it as well. Its metal with white and red enamel and has a pin on the back. Anyone ever find out what it was?

Back
Top Bottom