Metal Detector for a 15 year old

I started with 2 Ace 250s (had a need for 2). I now own 9 machines but those 250s still see action. Great starter / intermediate machines. I recommended one to a fellow recently and on his second hunt he finds a double eagle (now I hate him! LOL!).

BUT whatever you buy, try and find a used one. There is a lot of good used equipment available from people who are moving up or people who never got the hang of it and have dropped the hobby. You will save enough to get a good pinpointer, finds pouch, knee pads, gloves and digger which they will need.

Garrett ACE 300

My grandson got a metal detector from his mom for Christmas last year. We recently had a cook out I told him to bring it along.
He spent the whole day in the yard digging up junk, but wouldn't stop. The detector was a real cheapo. I am thing about getting a decent one, with discrimination for Christmas this year.
The budget would around $300. We could go $50 or so over.
In my research I have found the following:
White Coin Master
Teknetics Delta 4000
Teknetics Euro Pro and Euro Tek
Minelabs Go-Find 60
Garret Ace series
Any critiques on the above would be greatly appreciated. These are the ones that I have researched and would be open to other suggestions in my price range.

Go with a great company who has been around for over 50yrs
Solid Detector for grandson

any Questions give me a call
dennis

http://www.metaldetectors.com/coin-jewelry-metal-detectors/garrett/ace-300-metal-detector

So, I will add my 2 cents. My 14 year old daughter was using the Silver Umax on a field permission about a week ago and found some awesome stuff!!

It is a really good beep and dig machine. It discriminates but it does not notch out. It is light weight! She has tried the F22 but did not like it. Please don't think I am bashing that machine. I started her on the F4 and Silver Umax to give her a preference...VDI or Dig that beep. She chose Dig that beep. Now, of course, she wants a new machine..:shock::shock::shock:

Good luck in your purchase and I am sure whatever you decide, it will be awesome, but I must say he will soon want a pinpointer:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom