revolutionary war naval anchor button

WTG Dave! Love the button. BIG SCORE! That was a funny day with the repro :lol::laughing:. Glad to hear you found your ring, WHEW!

Hope al is well. Can't wait til the cooler temps arrive!

WTG Dave! Love the button. BIG SCORE! That was a funny day with the repro :lol::laughing:. Glad to hear you found your ring, WHEW!

Hope al is well. Can't wait til the cooler temps arrive!

Several years back my regular digging partner and I took a friend out who was visiting for the weekend. We had both left Garrett to go to Explorers, so we'd bug him he should make the switch to. The site was a field right beside a river, and the plan was to fool him with a big 1500s silver replica coin that my buddy had bought a couple weeks before. So we get to the place and hunt for about an hour, and see my friend walking right behind the other guy (Dave) so I knew it was going to happen soon. A few seconds later my friend says I have a great signal here, so I walk over and wave my coil over and say.... yeah, sounds great. We then get Dave to try with his Garrett and of course he hears nothing.... because there is nothing there. :lol: So my friend digs the hole, and reaches down deep and pulls up the coin (which he had in his hand while digging) :yes: We really played it up to because when he pulled it out and started wiping the dirt off (which we had caked on earlier) I yelled at him to stop because he could scratch it. We all agreed we didn't know what the coin was but it was pretty freakin amazing, and if the Garrett detector had been better (or an Explorer) our other friend Dave would have found it. :D For the next 40 minutes we let Dave stew thinking he had missed an incredible old coin, but finally decided to fill him in. He said he was extremely close to throwing his detector in the river.... and too bad he wouldn't have because this story would have an even funnier ending. Dave eventually paid us back, but was worse than a joke, he did it with real finds!

Several years back my regular digging partner and I took a friend out who was visiting for the weekend. We had both left Garrett to go to Explorers, so we'd bug him he should make the switch to. The site which was a field right beside a river, and the plan was to fool him with a big 1500s silver replica coin that my buddy had bought a couple weeks before. So we get to the place and hunt for about an hour, and see my friend walking right behind the other guy (Dave) so I knew it was going to happen soon. A few seconds later my friend says I have a great signal here, so I walk over and wave my coil over and say.... yeah, sounds great. We then get Dave to try with his Garrett and of course he hears nothing.... because there is nothing there. :lol: So my friend digs the hole, and reaches down deep and pulls up the coin (which he had in his hand while digging) :yes: We really played it up to because when he pulled it out and started wiping the dirt off (which we had caked on earlier) I yelled at him to stop because he could scratch it. We all agreed we didn't know what the coin was but it was pretty freakin amazing, and if the Garrett detector had been better (or an Explorer) our other friend Dave would have found it. :D For the next 40 minutes we let Dave stew thinking he had missed an incredible old coin, but finally decided to fill him in. He said he was extremely close to throwing his detector in the river.... and too bad he wouldn't have because this story would have en even funnier ending. Dave eventually paid us back, but was worse than a joke, he did it with real finds!
ha ha! :laughing: hey ya gotta enjoy yourselves and it sounds like you guys do just that!

Last edited:
Awesome

Those raspberries look awesome.

That 230+ year old button ain't too shabby either! Hah! I can only imagine what it would be like to dig a relic like that...

You're a master among metal detectives, Heavymetalnut. Thanks for sharing your finds and best of luck on your future hunts.

Now that is a SWEET button dave congrats - funny, my hunt yesterday yielded1865 IH and a CW Navy cuff button... Anyway, that's an oldie and a very nice one at that.... killer dig.

Those raspberries look awesome.

That 230+ year old button ain't too shabby either! Hah! I can only imagine what it would be like to dig a relic like that...

You're a master among metal detectives, Heavymetalnut. Thanks for sharing your finds and best of luck on your future hunts.
far too kind but thank you! I just love what I do that's all ;)

I know where you were(both spots)Roger planted that Naval button there.He got it from E-bay....Joke's on you Dave:laughing:Just kidding,Nice finds my brother!!

Back
Top Bottom