Hard work & being nice pays off

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Many of you know that I was a dairy farmer all of my life but got out of it almost a year ago because we couldn't make a go of it any longer. Worked 7days/week every day of the year and still couldn't keep up on the bills. I went to work at a factory where we build a number of things my job is building,testing, large led lights. I started working around the middle of June and enjoy what I do, the people I work with, my weekends off, and a schedule that doesn't fluctuate like it did farming. Anyways I got called into the boss's office the end last week and he tossed a piece of poster at me and it had my picture on it with a nice write up, him my co workers and many of the staff members made me employee of the month. I also received $100.00 which I added alittle to it and bought a White's Classic II because I have always wanted to do the Mr. Bill's mods on one. Sure feels good to be appreciated and will be alot of fun doing the mod on the detector, I have always enjoyed doing that kind of stuff. Although far from making big money I have jumped from $8.00 an hour to $8.75 an hour to $9.06 an hour. Plus I do not have the stress as I did when I was farming. I hope all the best to you all in 2015

WTG Steve!

Hope not to see your new detector in the classifieds too soon. Keep it for a while and enjoy it. :lol:

Congrats! Hope you make some great finds with the detector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great to hear your happy Steve . My parents both came from farming families and I really respected and appreciated what farmers do for our country , I went to school in the 60s and 70s when it was taught how important farming was to our country . Different times now tho . Please enjoy that detector some . And at 9 bucks an hour , if you average out the time you put into farming , you're probably making more now than you did farming . Which is a shame . Congrats on the recognition you're receiving , I'm sure it's well deserved . Good luck to you through out 2015 .

Congratulations! That kind of recognition is so nice...you must be doing a great job. Have fun with that new machine!

Well deserved apparently! Keep pluggin away, you're obviously on the right path with what you are doing.

Big congrats Steve. Any time you get a pat on the back like that just makes your day outstanding. ;)

Congrats Steve! I know that the farmer is one of the hardest workers out there with the least return for their labor.
I always thought it was ridiculous that the Government could set the price that a farmers could sell their milk for but let the big oil companies raise their prices anytime they wanted.
And the plant and harvest farmers are being pushed out by the big industrial farms that are all automated and have deep pockets.
What has happened to the American farmer is a crying shame. I have a feeling that one day we will be dependent on china for our food and once that point comes we will be nothing more than servant to them.

Congrats Steve! I know that the farmer is one of the hardest workers out there with the least return for their labor.
I always thought it was ridiculous that the Government could set the price that a farmers could sell their milk for but let the big oil companies raise their prices anytime they wanted.
And the plant and harvest farmers are being pushed out by the big industrial farms that are all automated and have deep pockets.
What has happened to the American farmer is a crying shame. I have a feeling that one day we will be dependent on china for our food and once that point comes we will be nothing more than servant to them.

Amen , brother .

Good for you Steve!
I have plans to buy a set of headphones from you in the future. Keep us posted on your classic mod. If it goes well I might have to hire you to mod my classic III :)

Good for you Steve!
I have plans to buys a set of headphones from you in the future. Keep us posted on your classic mod. If it goes well I might have to hire you to mod my classic III :)
Thanks everyone & I would be happy to make you a set of headphones and do the mod on your Classic III.

Congrats man!
I think I still have the extra resistors around from when I did the mod on my dads MD. I had to buy packs of ten. I will take a look and let you know, if I still have them I will send you the ones you need.

Back
Top Bottom