Junk 'n Stuff

BuckO

Okay, what am I doing wrong?.... couple wheat pennies here and there, a clad dime or two (maybe) but this is typical of what I usually dig up. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the hobby, but this is a typical hunt. Most interesting thing (circled in red) reminds me of something, but I can't place it. Junk maybe? ...Gee what a shocker. LOL :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_E7563sm.jpg
    IMG_E7563sm.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 417
The item circled may be a wrench for tightening the packing nut on a Model A Ford water pump. I have a T so I'm not sure.

Wrench. Looks like the one I got to adjust tension in a weight machine.

I had a wrench like that to adjust the shocks on a motorcycle. Pretty common tool.

To answer your question, unfortunately that is a pretty common collection for most locations. The guys that get the good stuff spend a lot of time researching their area and getting permission to hunt the good spots.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thanks for the ID guys.... gonna have to expand to some new locations.
Still waiting for my first silver. Oldest thing I've found is an IHP

Finding an Indian is no slouch.
As they say Location, Location, Location....
Digging trash is all part of the game.
Even the best looking places have trash.
I hunted a 1890's ranch house and all I found was three memorials, a 60's dog tag and a Chinese cash coin along with a beerflat of trash.
I know that there was going to be great finds, but a day of hunting found zilch.
Keep looking and digging trash and the good stuff will follow.

Attachments

• IMG_7302.jpg
    IMG_7302.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_7300.jpg
    IMG_7300.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 288
....Digging trash is all part of the game...

I have several buckets of recyclables from my hunts. People leave trash wherever they go. Curbside trash pickup wasn't something they did years ago. Junk was thrown off to the side or out back.

I personally like trashy old home sites where most people will not hunt. The 1783 1/2 Real in my avatar came out of a burned down house site full of trash.

Thanks guys!... I've got a box that looks just like that one. LOL
Hoping for better finds.

You need to find better spots where people spend or use coin money. Hey, you got an IH penny, that's great. Bottom Line " LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION !!!

You need to find better spots where people spend or use coin money. Hey, you got an IH penny, that's great. Bottom Line " LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION !!!

When I was coin shooting, any place where people went to hang out over 50 years ago generally produced the older coins.

Old recreation areas are great.

Back
Top Bottom