• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fisher GB2 vs. Fisher 1280X for Alaska water

jssbastiat

Ok, I'm new to this...I'm a gold sluicer, but have an opportunity to gold dredge, but, the guys up here suggested that I invest in a detector that will operate under water adn use on teh tailing piles....

appears I found an abandoned mine from years ago, open claim, right near the water and an old creek bed....I have a jet unit to get me up the river, most don't....

So, instead of investing $4000 in a dredge, the old miners said get the metal detector, go through the tailings adn find the source of the gold up the dried creek...then look in the water and see what I have...if enough gold, buy the dredge, if not, I have my sluice to work on land...

The fisher looks like the right price, seems to get decent reviews here...why not get the 1280x that is water proof? I could be in at least 2 ft of water, BUT, there is a huge bluff that the bed rock comes out of and the old tailings have been washed into about a 2 to 8 ft deep creek....if I could take the unit underwater to search out the bed rock at the bottom of this creek adn the tailings, might find enough to warrant me buying a dredge...

Or, are there better units for the same price?.....

But, by the time I buy a $2000 unit as I've seen, I could get me a 3 in dredge to prospect with for that.....

Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom