Didn't expect to find one of these yesterday..

TonyAZ

Elite Member
Guess you really never know what your going to find when detecting. Went to a little old town near the R.R. tracks. Went with a friend,Kingman Mikey..Started detecting along a road.. Nothing was really telling me to dig, so kept walking. Finally got a solid signal on the DEUS. showing 63 64 on the screen. I'm pretty lazy anymore so dug this one with my boot from a couple of inches deep. Pinpoint and see something round. Wow first dig! I rub on it a little- can't really tell what it is ? Flip it over give it a rub and see a #5.. Wow--- a shield nickel ! First one ever.. Can't really see a date on this one, but glad to find one.. Searched another 3.5 hrs with nothing else found.. Here's a picture of the best side..Tony AZ.
c40709441646ae9f900c884b6c700195.jpg

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Congratz. You are no longer a shield nickel virgin.

Oh, and I trust that you are staying on your side of the state border, right ? We don't want anyone bothering our shield nickels on the CA side of the border. Good man ! :cool3:

Congratulations!
It took me about 7 years to find my first, and now I have found 4 or 5 in just 3 years, love that coin:yes:

Great coin, can't wait to find one! I also love how it looks like a highschool glamour shot lol

That's a really good find! You never know what might be hiding in those "unproductive" locations. :grin: Impressive photography, too!

Congrats on the shield. Only ever found one and managed to lose it a few years later.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom