Pouring Down Rain Pictures Of Finds

beephead

Elite Member
It's raining so I thought I'd post some pictures of my recent finds. On the silver finds I was pretty sure that they were going to be silver except for the sterling ring, it ID just a little lower than a zinc penny. 150+ modern coins, 26 wheat pennies, 60+ trash targets, a couple of Rosie dimes, a couple of Mercury dimes and a tiny sterling ring. All that with a little help from Advil. I just can't dig as much as I did just a few years back.

BTW, the reason the MXT found more is only because I used it first on the sites because it pinpoints better and faster than the CTX 3030. The MXT with the smaller search coil didn't detect the last silver coin. The CTX just barely got a signal on it. It was a little deeper than the others and maybe a little on edge.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 441
Congrats on the rosies, mercs, cute ring and the rest.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

It's raining so I thought I'd post some pictures of my recent finds. On the silver finds I was pretty sure that they were going to be silver except for the sterling ring, it ID just a little lower than a zinc penny. 150+ modern coins, 26 wheat pennies, 60+ trash targets, a couple of Rosie dimes, a couple of Mercury dimes and a tiny sterling ring. All that with a little help from Advil. I just can't dig as much as I did just a few years back.

BTW, the reason the MXT found more is only because I used it first on the sites because it pinpoints better and faster than the CTX 3030. The MXT with the smaller search coil didn't detect the last silver coin. The CTX just barely got a signal on it. It was a little deeper than the others and maybe a little on edge.

beephead

ooooooh. I like that silver ring. Makes me wonder what was in the Carbachon holder! :)

Coins on edge are always a little skitchy. I'm sure I've missed more than a few, simply because of the direction of swing.

Cool finds, thanks for Sharing, Beephead!

Skippy

ooooooh. I like that silver ring. Makes me wonder what was in the Carbachon holder! :)

Coins on edge are always a little skitchy. I'm sure I've missed more than a few, simply because of the direction of swing.

Cool finds, thanks for Sharing, Beephead!

Skippy
Thanks! I would have been looking really hard for the missing stone if the ring had been gold.

Great batch of finds. Pretty good clad haul as well
Thanks! I just about dug myself to death. I'm rested up and my go tomorrow.

That's a good ratio of wheats and silvers to your modern coinage. Must be some good ground. Seems like lately i have to dig about 100 pennies to get 1 wheat!
Thanks! Last week or so I found 55 wheat pennies in a really small front yard, but I only managed to find 4 or 5 silver coins.

beephead

Great hunt Gerald, I know you said the last couple hunts, but was ut all on the same property?

Looks like you had nearly the full arsenal out there, lol

Holy Moly, that is a lot of digging! You are inspiring me to be less selective and start digging more targets. Out of all those coins, is that all of the "junk" at the bottom that you dug during the same time period?!?

Back
Top Bottom