• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Not exactly a work of art

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
My one and only hand crafted MD accessory :lol:

Converted 2 gallon container I use when taking plugs on lawns. If the object isn't in the plug and digging is required the extra dirt goes into the container and gets poured back into the hole when done. Hole on top is big enough to get a probe in. Like I said, not exactly a work of art, but hey the container was free :roll:

Oz...

If I were you I would cut your plug in the shape of the letter U and flap it over and then use a towel to put the dirt on and after you have found your target can put the dirt back into the hole and turn the flap of grass back ontop and press it down and it should look like you weren't even there. :)

Cfmct-PI said:
Oz...

If I were you I would cut your plug in the shape of the letter U and flap it over and then use a towel to put the dirt on and after you have found your target can put the dirt back into the hole and turn the flap of grass back ontop and press it down and it should look like you weren't even there. :)
Tried the towel trick but the towel just got too muddy, then you had to wash it, and what guy likes to do laundry :P Actually a neighbor made me a fancy gizmo (wall paper and dowel rods) that worked well but fell apart after too much wet dirt sat on it too often. I also put my trowel in there when I carry it around so it serves the purpose okay. For a long detecting day, then yes a towel would be much more convinent.

Oh yah some plugs are impossible to cut clean as some grass is dead and has no root system (a lot of it dies in the drought last year). Pretty sad when chunks of grass are coming out from a simple sweep with the detector :(

I use a sheet of plastic. It folds up and goes into a pocket of my tool pouch. Fold it to pour dirt back in hole. a 2' x 2' piece allows working with bigger clumps when using my bigger Lesche "Mauler" to sort things.

Back
Top Bottom