Noob introduction

mgraves235

After years of flirting with the idea, i finally bit the bullet and bought my first detector. I love history, and frankly, the idea of finding some square nails or similar artifacts of the past excite me more than the the prospect of jewelry or valuable coinage. Anyway, i'm in southern Arkansas, and i'd love to find others nearby that wouldn't mind educating a new guy a little bit. thanks for any future help, as i'm sure i'll have lots of stupid newbie questions in the near future.

Welcome from Connecticut. If you find one square nail there will probably be a hundred more nearby. :waytogo: Hope you enjoy the hobby!

Welcome from SW Ohio, Do some research on your area and fine some old homesteads you can get to and dig all the rusty square nails and other relics you can find. I enjoy finding silver and jewelry as much as the next guy but like you pulling a what's it out the the ground that been there for over 100 years and trying to figure out what it was, and how it got there, really helps keep you interested even if most of it has no monetary value. Make sure you post your finds. This forum never ceases to amaze me with the things some people are able to indentify.

Welcome from New Hampshire where the only detecting I am doing is locating my car under the two feet of snow! Great group here. HH

Big welcome from N. Michigan. You're gonna find that once the finds start coming, you won't want to quit. Unearthing an artifact or nice coin will be awesome in your eyes.

Welcome from the snowy White mountains of NH. Great group of people here

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom