Doctor's orders: NO detecting

kingman mikey

Elite Member
Hello everyone, I have had lumbar fusion surgery 3 weeks ago & have strict orders from my doctor, no bending, lifting, or twisting. Having to wear a huge
brace around my mid section & a Bone growth stimulator device. So no metal
detecting for at least a few months. Have already dumped the walker & cane I
was using the first 2 weeks. Monday I start physical therapy. I am on STD, not
what you're thinking :laughing: so no work for a few more weeks :lol:. Cant wait to get back into the "swing" of things as it's been over a year since my last hunt due to the extreme pain I was constantly in. Since my surgery my pain level has decreased considerably & is getting better every day.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving & Holiday season. I will be back next
spring as I know that there is some silver waiting for me. :impatient:

Hello everyone, I have had lumbar fusion surgery 3 weeks ago & have strict orders from my doctor, no bending, lifting, or twisting. Having to wear a huge
what you're thinking :laughing: so no work for a few more weeks :lol:. Cant wait to get back into the "swing" of things as it's been over a year since my last hunt due to the extreme pain I was constantly in. Since my surgery my pain level has decreased considerably & is getting better every day.

Good luck during recovery. Pay attention to the Docs orders! I had same surgery in Aug 2016.

Glad to hear that your pain level has decreased. Heal up! Don't get back to swinging too early. Not worth the risk! I've never had back surgery, but may have had a STD back in the 90's. :lol:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Definitely take your time and follow Doc's instructions - spring will be here before you know it! The wait will be worth it for what will hopefully be some pain-free detecting! :cool:

BTDT. It took a while for me to regain my strength but I have had over 20 years without the pain I was in agony before the surgery and received immediate relief.

Do the Pt as instructed and do not do more than the Physical Therapist tells you to do. I did and suffered for it.

Give that back plenty of time to heal. Detecting can wait.

Glad to hear you're recovering. That said, "No Detecting"??? I'd be looking for a 2nd opinion on that. :lol: A little oxycodone, couple shots of Jack and you'd be finding multiple silver in every hole :D At least until you read the dates after you've sobered up and the silver was clad and you only have half what you thought you found but it's all good. Have a Happy Turkey Genocide Day.

I see you run an F70! I have one myself as my daily driver! Thats a nice light well balanced rig! Its like taking a walk and swinging air! In fact, I further lightened mine up by cutting off the 11"dd fins, got rid of the camlocks, and ran the coil wire internal....

I suppose you could still get out and scout locations? Maybe just not get down and dig or strain yourself on target retrieval? Just get out and swing that rig gingerly and make note of the targets locations for when you can get them later? That certainly has to be good for a guy's healing process?...taking a nice easy walk with the 70? All the best wishes and surgery outcome...

Attachments

• F70-1.jpg
    F70-1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 297
  • fins.jpg
    fins.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 297
  • fins1.jpg
    fins1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 296
Glad to read you are on the mend. Don't over do it as it can have a way of coming back to cause more pain. Best of luck in the healing process!
Beachhunter

I see you run an F70! I have one myself as my daily driver! Thats a nice light well balanced rig! Its like taking a walk and swinging air! In fact, I further lightened mine up by cutting off the 11"dd fins, got rid of the camlocks, and ran the coil wire internal....

I suppose you could still get out and scout locations? Maybe just not get down and dig or strain yourself on target retrieval? Just get out and swing that rig gingerly and make note of the targets locations for when you can get them later? That certainly has to be good for a guy's healing process?...taking a nice easy walk with the 70? All the best wishes and surgery outcome...

Thanks for the well wishes. I also run an F-75 11" coil, does cutting off the fins
alter the rigidity of the coil ? Never seen that done.

Hope your recovery goes very well, be patient and don't rush it, you could do some "coin roll hunting" while you're waiting to get that detector out again !

Bummer on the surgery but follow those Doctors orders otherwise you'll be back in for some more body work to fix what you screwed up. Me, I'm trying to avoid having the same surgery and so far so good.

You'll be back at it soon enough and feeling so good the rest of us will have to run to keep up with you.

Back
Top Bottom