Paying it forward

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter
Decided to make a few small treasure chests and bury them, what a thrill it would be if the next hunter finds them now or in the distant future. Even a small jar would protect the coins/buttons etc.... I bet a few here have buried a few coins for the next hobbyist.

Probably use a mixture of some of my common finds and a few modern coins after all who knows if they will ever be dug, a few here and there to increase a retrieval. Even those pill tubes probably would work.

If you have some suggestions please feel free to share.

oj/bc

Its a great thing to do!

In fact, upon my impending and unavoidable demise, my Wife of nearly 40yrs has been instructed to take my silver rings and coins, BF Halfs, Walkers, and even some Morgans and go about town to the various parks and beaches and liberally salt them out there for somebody else to find and experience the kindred joy I received from this amazing Sport!!

FWIW, Even after all these years, I am not sure She will do it though..She will most likely take them to the nearest pawn shop and then proceed over to TjMaxx! But hey, thats on her! Maybe I better just do it myself like you are? :laughing:

Maybe a pill jar with a nickel wrapped in a dollar bill? That would be exciting to find! Make sure to do one with a penny, nickel, dime and quarter so they get a really screwed up signal!

Its a great thing to do!

In fact, upon my impending and unavoidable demise, my Wife of nearly 40yrs has been instructed to take my silver rings and coins, BF Halfs, Walkers, and even some Morgans and go about town to the various parks and beaches and liberally salt them out there for somebody else to find and experience the kindred joy I received from this amazing Sport!!

FWIW, Even after all these years, I am not sure She will do it though..She will most likely take them to the nearest pawn shop and then proceed over to TjMaxx! But hey, thats on her! Maybe I better just do it myself like you are? :laughing:

Good idea all the same, yup next hunt will bring and bury a target..:grin:
Maybe a pill jar with a nickel wrapped in a dollar bill? That would be exciting to find! Make sure to do one with a penny, nickel, dime and quarter so they get a really screwed up signal!

Yea with the new Nox we don't want to make it too easy:lol:

I've often thought about burying a cool time capsule with exciting items in it like a Silver Dollar, gold ring and some paper money just to make someone's find outstanding!

A roll of hermetically sealed, uncirculated current year zincolns. Think how easily zincolns corrode...in a few decades, uncirculated ones might be worth something, and the cost is cheap.

Make a gag treasure box full of pull tabs and bottle caps, with a false bottom that has a precious metal surprise in it.

Historical artifacts are a nice treasure. Campaign buttons or other memorabilia from the last presidential election would be nice, or something else pertaining to this time period. Tokens are a favorite find.

A roll of hermetically sealed, uncirculated current year zincolns. Think how easily zincolns corrode...in a few decades, uncirculated ones might be worth something, and the cost is cheap.

Make a gag treasure box full of pull tabs and bottle caps, with a false bottom that has a precious metal surprise in it.

Historical artifacts are a nice treasure. Campaign buttons or other memorabilia from the last presidential election would be nice, or something else pertaining to this time period. Tokens are a favorite find.

Good idea's for sure. I rather re bury a few targets when get much older then have them dispersed at garage sales, but God willing still more years to hunt.

Back
Top Bottom