• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My Precious

CyberSage

Elite Member
Now there is one thing you need to know, I honestly set out today to hunt old sites for silver and give the Bigfoot a rest. I located an old school house "1890's" and did the research then went for a hunt. After a fruitless 2 hours I gave in and put the Bigfoot back on. The grassy fields next to the adjacent modernized school yard beckoned me. I could see that someone had been here before me. There were many holes and poorly dug horseshoe cuts that left the sod to dry and wither in the heat. I swung over one of the holes and got a solid dime hit, out came a dime. They had missed there target! I decided this was a good reason to continue the hunt. I spent the day gridding the field and found 3 rings and a decent amount of clad. Here is a little video with a surprise ending for you.

[PBV]http://vid120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/GoldRing.flv[/PBV]

I edited out the part where I did the Happy Dance. Not very pretty! :lol: Here is pictures of the other rings and finds.

3Ring.jpg

I did manage a wheat penny from the old school house. :yes:

GRing.jpg

A close-up of the Gold ring. :tumble: :spin: :tumble:

SRing.jpg

A nice silver band.

MyPrecious.jpg

This was a fun find. A replica of the ring from the movie "Lord Of The Rings"

"Precious, precious, precious!" Gollum cried. "My Precious! O my Precious!"
And with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his prize,
he stepped too far, toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink,
and then with a shriek he fell.
Out of the depths came his last wail Precious, and he was gone.

I slipped the ring on my finger to make sure it wasn't for real! I did not become invisible, much to my wife's dismay. :lol: I had a good day today. Just thought I would share it with all of you.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Love the video Jack. And it's obvious that you're good deed for that woman has not gone forgotten by the MD'ing gods.

Jack dude! Thank you for posting that picture of the LOTR ring. I found one just like that last year and it has been driving me nuts trying to figure out what it is. For the life of me I could not figure out what the writing is. Is it old english? Or are my eyeballs just not seeing the forest for the trees? I've not seen LOTR.

Gary

For the life of me I could not figure out what the writing is. Is it old english? Or are my eyeballs just not seeing the forest for the trees? I've not seen LOTR.

Gary

It's Elvin Script! You will need to find an Elf to translate for you. :lol: No really, your not suppossed to be able to read it. In the movie it is writen it the language of the Elves. The engraved words are both on the outside and inside of the rings band.

keep Swing'in
Jack

The engraved words are both on the outside and inside of the rings band.

Yep, that's it. Mine rang in on my MXT in the large pull tab VDI range (37). The ring looks silver, but the writing looks gold. But I haven't tested it to actually see if it's gold. What kind of hit did you get?

Thanks again

G.

Beautiful finds Jack and another fantastic video! Your prowess with the DFX is simply amazing! The temps are supposed to be in the lower 90's here today, so maybe I'll get out for some practice after about two weeks of not hunting due to the heat.

Contest??

Jack, once again amazing finds and a great video to boot!! :yes:

O.K., to others out there, am I wrong or, do not Jack and NightHawk have the best posts going??!!? :?: :yes: :D

3 rings and one to rule them all - or something like that. :roll:

Nice finds!

Jack - that's the perfect post - very entertaining, thanks. And congrats on all the goodies, Steve in so az

Nice outing Jack! I am glad you recognize that elfin ring is a replica......
I found the real one a year ago HA HA HA HA.

Great video! Congrats on the rings! Wow, a three ring day and your first gold one, too. (I wonder if they make Bigfoots for Bounty Hunters...hmmm)

great job Jack but I found the real deal a few months back:yes: ........................Can You See Me? It's on my finger:lol:

Attachments

• lord of the rings 002.jpg
    lord of the rings 002.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 339
Back
Top Bottom