Shut up about ATPro not working in salt water!

Same reason people upgrade........... that old question, WHAT AM I MISSING? By the way 4" if it IDs gold in the salt water during recent drop periods could net you a good bit of gold.

you bet - found a ring for a woman yesterday where practically any machine would have found it....

you mentioned recent drops......... very true!!!!!!!!!! But that hunting method COMPLETELY relies on being the first person over the target. My tourist spot has vacationers elbow to elbow on the beach from sun up to sun down during the warm months rain or shine.... literally... even during storms.....they just angle their umbrellas..... but everyone that lives here knows this and it's pounded all the time with entry level to top of the line machines. Even the vacationers bring their machines.....

Seen a guy swinging an Excal with a HUGE coil (15in?)...... bet he needs to ice his shoulder for 3 days after hitting the water....

Yeah and I ran my Ace 250 once on a highly mineralized saltwater beach and found a silver ring because I had to notch out the constant low tone beeps and many high beeps but the ring was a repeatable signal.
You could use the AT pro in wet salt if you don't have black sand.
Good luck.
I prefer my sov on the wet salt.:yes:

Seen a guy swinging an Excal with a HUGE coil (15in?)...... bet he needs to ice his shoulder for 3 days after hitting the water....

Use to water hunt with a 15" coil on my Exp-II, now I do it with my 17" on the CTX. When I started that, I stopped going to the gym, ROFL.

If ANYONE had a doubt about the ATPro in salt water...check out the below link...I never got to the end of the photos before I had to post.

https://www.instagram.com/christian.fx/

I personally have found gold in salt water with my ATPro. But I think I might move south.

What detector is this?
None of the pics have a good description.

Attachments

• IMG_4851.jpg
    IMG_4851.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 131
One thing i have found about the CTX Larry is that dang screen takes some retraining went lifting the scoop. I at first found myself hitting the side of it OFTEN when looking in the scoop. So i can see how the screen could get scratched real easily. Takes some paying attention even in my calm water compared to your side of the island.

Dew

One thing i have found about the CTX Larry is that dang screen takes some retraining went lifting the scoop. I at first found myself hitting the side of it OFTEN when looking in the scoop. So i can see how the screen could get scratched real easily. Takes some paying attention even in my calm water compared to your side of the island.

Dew

Mines got a few scratches. Never used a screen cover. Do throw a towel over it in the car though so a scoop doesn't scratch it. But im not ever planning on trying to sell mine. When it dies for good its getting mounted to a wall:lol: My scoop is highly modified with a kick plate. If it ever hits my screen a protector would never stop it from going through. But im used to not letting stuff hit my detectors. Its also bad hitting excel knobs sideways in big surf. I hold my excal behind me in big waves while digging.My shins take all the damage:lol:

Hello WaterWalker,
I recently brought my AT Pro to the Cape and tried my luck in the surf.
I'm a newbie and was having a lot of difficulty. Can you share the settings that you used for Cape Cod beaches? i go there at least 2 or three times a year.

Look at it like this....... IF you had a PI that disc just like a VLF and you lost say 2 or 3 inches in depth.... which would you use?

As people already said no one said it won't work it just wont work great. A few weeks ago I was in Florida hunting with my Equinox 800 a guy had a At Pro and the area we where hunting had a layer of black sand. He found nothing and I mean not even trash. He left after 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom