Another Bucket Lister Crossed Off

rob.ream258

Elite Member
On my lunch hour I went to the same park I've been pounding for the past 3 years. It's small and been covered many times over.... with the finds getting scarce I've cranked up the NOX and walk real real real slow...even digging anything that makes a noise. It's the only place close to work where I can go and get back in an hour so I'm limited that park or nothing....it has some pre-1900 history so I do find round balls, occasional military button, and other old stuff.

Today was different......I hit a high tone and not a stinkin Lincoln.....it hit 27-28 so I thought it was silver dime. I cut and flipped the plug and the tone went to 31 with the sweet sweet silver tone. (NOX guys know what I'm talking about)....not to get my hope's up I still thought clad Washington......In the plug 3 inches down was the silver rim..... that's when I got happy. With a slight wipe I seen legs....that's when I jumped up and smiled HUGE. After brief field cleaning I noticed all the details. That thing is near mint condition ..... WOW .....I kicked another bucket lister.....It's tough here in Florida finding silver in the dirt.......wow.....

Swung another 5 minutes and went to Subway......wow......still on cloud 9!!!!!
1f1310a7ea1f45c9b92153cfef81317d.jpg
b837950329da1c8923788c68895863ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Incredible condition! (So that's what those coins are supposed to look like...) That looks to be about an inch deep.

Last edited:
"I seen legs" :laughing: Reading before looking, I knew right then, you dug an SLQ! Super nice one too! Congrats! I wish one of those would miraculously appear in my hammered park!

WOW! Really rare to see an SLQ that pristine. Makes me think it was a recent drop considering how shallow it was. But hey - A find is a find! BIG CONGRATS!

On my lunch hour I went to the same park I've been pounding for the past 3 years. It's small and been covered many times over.... with the finds getting scarce I've cranked up the NOX and walk real real real slow...even digging anything that makes a noise. It's the only place close to work where I can go and get back in an hour so I'm limited that park or nothing....it has some pre-1900 history so I do find round balls, occasional military button, and other old stuff.

Today was different......I hit a high tone and not a stinkin Lincoln.....it hit 27-28 so I thought it was silver dime. I cut and flipped the plug and the tone went to 31 with the sweet sweet silver tone. (NOX guys know what I'm talking about)....not to get my hope's up I still thought clad Washington......In the plug 3 inches down was the silver rim..... that's when I got happy. With a slight wipe I seen legs....that's when I jumped up and smiled HUGE. After brief field cleaning I noticed all the details. That thing is near mint condition ..... WOW .....I kicked another bucket lister.....It's tough here in Florida finding silver in the dirt.......wow.....

Swung another 5 minutes and went to Subway......wow......still on cloud 9!!!!!
1f1310a7ea1f45c9b92153cfef81317d.jpg
b837950329da1c8923788c68895863ea.jpg

That’s a nice one, it still has the date on it. When I found mine it was shiny and clean but the date had faded off. That’s a cool one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super quality SLQ. After you get it rinsed off, post a pic of both sides, so rarely get to see one like that found. Gives us all inspiration. Stunning find, congrats.

What a beauty - congrats !

As most of you probably already know the earlier SLQ's had raised dates on them that quickly wore off.
So from 1925 forward they minted these coins with recessed dates to help solve this problem.

What a beauty - congrats !

As most of you probably already know the earlier SLQ's had raised dates on them that quickly wore off.

So from 1925 forward they minted these coins with recessed dates to help solve this problem.
Not sure about when the dates changed.....what I do know is my 1925 SLQ has practically perfect RAISED date...

Back
Top Bottom