E-Trac Purchase. I almost feel sick

skyblast

I've now owned by E-trac for almost one year and I must say that I am very, very happy with it. The only part that slightly disappointed me about the E-Trac was the initial purchase itself after its arrival. I decided to go with Kellyco and was treated extremely well. The detector arrived quickly and was well packaged.
I must say however that I feel as though I was a bit duped by the allure of package #1 which included the free Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer. I don't think that it would be too much of a stretch to say that this is the main reason why most people go with package #1. Right? Wow! Is the Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer a gigantic piece of junk! Anyway maybe some are happy with it, maybe some are not? I have yet to see a serious MDer out there on youtube using one. Most use a garrett pro pointer or a sunray probe.

So cruising around today on the web I happened upon Big Boy Hobbies and what I saw for the same price at Kellyco almost made me sick to my stomach. I am currently in the process of buying new headphones and am very much considering buying the sunray pro golds or ultimate grey ghosts?
When I discovered that big boy offers them for FREE (AND KOSS headphones) along with a Lesche in package #1 my eyes almost popped out of my head OR with package #2 it's a FREE garrett pro pointer!!! Wow! With Kellyco, after realizing that their automax is a piece of !!!! and that the Koss are kind of so so I was left with the feeling that I didn't really get anything for free. All the other free stuff just felt like filler...lame pouches, a magazine, a lame digger, etc.

This offer by BB doesn't even seem real. Oh how I wish I would have found them before going with Kellyco. Kellyco you are a great company, in fact in 10 ten days I will be buying a 6x8 coil and....I think...maybe the ultimate grey ghosts or the sunrays BUT your offer in no way touches BB for the same price.

Oh and I believe BB also does free ship like KCo.?

Am I missing something? There has to be a catch with BB right?

Our Price: $1,549.00

Choose Package:

Quantity:

Now thru January 30th 2012 get:

Package 1 Free Lesche Relic shovel, Extra 1800 mAH battery, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones, Minelab Andy Sabisch book, Minelab bag, Minelab Hat, Minelab Koss Headphones, Coil cover and Andy Sabisch E-Trac handbook with purchase! Over $300 value!

Package 2: Free Garrett Pro Pointer, Extra 1800 mAH battery, Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones, Minelab Andy Sabisch book, Minelab bag, Minelab Hat, Minelab Koss Headphones, Coil cover and Andy Sabisch E-Trac handbook with purchase! Over $300 value!

Don’t like that package? Want to add or remove certain items? Call us and get $275 in store credit for anything we sell, coils, probes. Even another detector!

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/shop/minelab-e-trac-metal-detector/

Tell me about it...those Koss Phones and my 2 V4's are junk....I feel your pain.

Last edited:
Bart is a great guy.
But, I have to say that Dan and Shavon with Kellyco have worked with me on several occasions. They have overnighted items to me at n/c when I needed them badly. They will also work off list for forum members. I will continue to buy from both of these sponsers as well as others on this forum til I have a reason not to.

Bart hooked me up with this deal just a few weeks ago...I called him around 9 am on a Thursday, and it showed up at my house just after lunch the next day!

Super nice guy on the phone too, he's got a loyal customer from now on :D

Bart is the only sposnsor I order from. In fact I just ordered my AT Pro from him last week, and purchased my Etrac from him last October. He is super knowledgable and will chat with you about gear. I have nothing against any other sponsors and am sure they offer just as good service, but like a family mechanic, Barber, or Doctor I use Bart for all my detecting equipment needs.

I think the difference here is that Bart is an individual. I think he is also an avid hunter like the rest of us, whereas Kellyco is a big company with sales people who may or may not be into the hobby like we are.
I too considered buying from Kellyco because of their packages until I really thought about what I was getting. I mean, who needs a replica of a Spanish silver coin?
Still, they are a sponsor here and if they ever have a good deal I wouldn't hesitate to order from them, but I have to say, that so far the best shopping experiences for me have been with places like Big Boys, Hollandbrook, and Indian Nations.

Not to take anything away from Big Boys, but you should see what NED are giving with the E-trac. My brother just bought his there and he's getting free walkie - talkies, a free hand held gps, a free garrett pro pointer, a free lesche tool and a bunch of other filler stuff for 1549 with free shipping.

Thats impressive.

The reason he can do this is because minelab has set prices, you have to sell for, but they cannot stop him from giving away stuff free with it. Looks like he has an awesome deal!

I wouldn't call Kellyco scammers.

It's our job as the consumer to do our homework and compare prices as well as "freebies" or package deals. No one made us click the buy button.

I tend to in general always try to support the little guy or what I call the mom and pop because I prefer the one on one service and feel that this type of business is shrinking in the US. Like any big business Kellyco has alot of overhead and probably feels that their prices are right in line along with a vast stock of items for sale in one website.

I've emailed and called both Big boys and New England. Just a tip as most people already know. For the very best "up to date" pricing call these guys. They may be able to offer even better savings. You will not be disappointed by calling them!!

Good luck with your future purchases.
Joe

their are many great sponsors out there that offer quality "freebies", i think these junk freebies that need to be upgraded after a month are just another marketing scheme and are mainly targeted for the beginner detectorist that doesn't know any better and thinks they are getting 400+ dollars worth of free equipment, most newbies just google "metal detectors" and that big company thats been in business for 50 yrs comes up, most newbies don't take the time to actually shop around.
if they(kellyco) were smart they would have several different quality items and allow you to specifically choose what you need and not what they wanna give ya, personally i'd rather have a harbor freight pinpointer than that V4.
here is also a good package deal......
http://newenglanddetectors.com/inde...ID=133&zenid=7261ea80311d896447bb40c83d71c41b

Thanks guys I appreciate all the good remarks about me and my company. It means a lot to me.

Honestly, we have a great bunch of sponsors here. We all work very hard to keep this great hobby supported!

Thanks again!

i must ask, did you message kk from here or did you call? because if you message them from here the price is drastically different.

You were duped. No big deal. Happens to the best of us.

Kellyco you are a great company, in fact in 10 ten days I will be buying a 6x8 coil and....

....there is nothing great about them. Don't let them ride the old skyblast train twice......

BUY FROM NED OR BBH.

+10 for Bart @ BigBoysHobbies.net...

My E-Trac & My AT-Pro came from Bart's and was first rate class service before and more importantly.. after the sales... I can bounce questions off him and get a response usually within the hour, he's always told me truth about accessories (even letting me know on which items that I should pass on.. even though he might sell them.. that is customer service..)

I have zero problems with Bart, and for that matter any of the sponsors, I just happened to land on Bart's website first and thats where my business goes..

I absolutely love NED and from everything I've heard BBH also gives excellent value and customer service. ALWAYS buy from the little guys :)

Back
Top Bottom