• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The Hurricane of 1715...

Thanks everybody. Here's a little contest for you. In the picture of the pile of gold coins on the green cloth, I spotted two of the coins that I got in my division. To the first member who picks one of those coins, I will send a piece of shipwreck pottery and a musket ball. You only get one chance.

I'm hoping they gave you something special... something you'll never part with!
IMG_1374.JPG

R5

Thanks for the chance to play scoundrel.
Nobody has picked the coin yet. But your choice was my favorite coin out of all of them. It is a Seville 8 escudo from the 1600s. That means it was minted in Spain, made its way to the new world, and was on its way back. The state took that coin.

Thanks everybody. Here's a little contest for you. In the picture of the pile of gold coins on the green cloth, I spotted two of the coins that I got in my division. To the first member who picks one of those coins, I will send a piece of shipwreck pottery and a musket ball. You only get one chance.

Attachments

• Optimized-CAM10200.jpg
    Optimized-CAM10200.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 274
Nobody has picked the coin yet. But your choice was my favorite coin out of all of them. It is a Seville 8 escudo from the 1600s. That means it was minted in Spain, made its way to the new world, and was on its way back. The state took that coin.

I don't know if you were keeping track but that was the 120th coin you brought up.

Danny brought it to the beach and showed it to me and Stefan. You were still busy bringing up the next group.

I think it was 1670 and my first thought was that it was somebody's lucky piece, maybe the year of their birth and they were 45 years old in 1715.

You brought that up as a single and I remember the buttery yellow color when the sun hit it. I remember what was said and the scramble for the pliers. Cool day.

Well, since there is little interest and scoring free shipwreck pottery and musket balls, I am closing the contest. To the five people(SoOregonMD, Donneybrook, Dirtydog, Ra1der5,, and MDMike) who made an attempt, I will be sending you a consolation prize of... A piece of shipwreck pottery, and a musket ball. Enjoy. Just PM me your addresses and give me a couple of weeks.

Well, since there is little interest and scoring free shipwreck pottery and musket balls, I am closing the contest. To the five people(SoOregonMD, Donneybrook, Dirtydog, Ra1der5,, and MDMike) who made an attempt, I will be sending you a consolation prize of... A piece of shipwreck pottery, and a musket ball. Enjoy. Just PM me your addresses and give me a couple of weeks.

Very generous of you Scoundrel. Thanks.

Just curious, the piece I've circled here doesn't appear to have any markings. Could you explain what it is?

IMG_1374.JPG

R5

Back
Top Bottom