Nokta Impact brings home the gold!

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Went out at the crack of dawn to a turn of the century park where I have had good luck this year. Really getting used to the Impact and like it more each time I use it.
Today I started off with a 62 Jefferson nickel at about 5" then just a few feet away got another target that ended up being a 1901 V nickel. This Nokta sure hits well on nickels!
Spent the next hour hitting nothing but an occasional peice of can slaw and a Memorial penny.
My feet were soaked from the dew on the grass so I decided I would dig one more good target before heading home. Wasnt long and I got another nickel like signal that broke up a bit when scanning 90%. Dug down and sure enough a small peice of foil. Covered the plug and out of habit scanned the spot again. Now I got the same signal but alot cleaner on the 90% scan. Dug down about 8" and out pops this little beauty!
Looks like an older setting and no markings inside the band but definitely gold and a HUGE stone. Hoping this diamond is real, if so then I paid off this Impact with this one hole!

Hope the stone is real.

No matter a nice find.
Nickel too.
Thanks for sharing.

Yep, the Impact can grow on a person.

Wow! Nice ring, choppadude! Hope the stone is real...

What do you mean why you refer to a "90% scan?"

Steve

Congrats! That Nokta must've told that ring to.....

iu

Fog test that sucker! If you have a real diamond, next it, you'll see if you "breathe" on it to try to fog it (like you would glasses lenses), it won't hold a fog (dissipates VERY quickly compared to CZ... often before you can pull it up to look at it). Glass and CZ just bead up the fog.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom