Decided to put this back, also found my oldest..

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
I had a short hunt at Sportsman's Beach today, pulled a ton of bullets and sinkers..

Got this jumpy high midrange signal, 68-73, I was expecting a sinker and hoping for large gold.. Then I found a penny in my scoop, I almost threw it in my pouch without even looking at it, looked just like a modern zinker at first..

My oldest coin from the water...

IMG_4352_zpsd31b4f60.jpg

IMG_4350_zps9c2b1229.jpg

That makes it my second IH, ever and my second oldest cent.

The thing I threw back today was found last week, it is threaded on top and sort of fancy, looked to be made from stainless....

IMG_4347_zps434c339c.jpg

Was that what I figured it was???

Thanks for looking and good luck all!!

<*)))>{

Congrats on the I.H. You did the right thing by replacing the urn. Even if it isn't, it's not something you'd want to keep, just in case. : ) Good luck on future hunts. : )

Thanks guys!!

Yep, I think I found and put back an urn that once held the ashes of someone's loved one...

Found the IH just after getting deep enough and throwing the urn..

<*)))>{

I had a short hunt at Sportsman's Beach today, pulled a ton of bullets and sinkers..

Got this jumpy high midrange signal, 68-73, I was expecting a sinker and hoping for large gold.. Then I found a penny in my scoop, I almost threw it in my pouch without even looking at it, looked just like a modern zinker at first..

My oldest coin from the water...

IMG_4352_zpsd31b4f60.jpg

IMG_4350_zps9c2b1229.jpg

That makes it my second IH, ever and my second oldest cent.

The thing I threw back today was found last week, it is threaded on top and sort of fancy, looked to be made from stainless....

IMG_4347_zps434c339c.jpg

Was that what I figured it was???

Thanks for looking and good luck all!!

<*)))>{

My wife was a funeral director and after seeing the picture she said that is definitely a cremation container...either a small one to drop in the water, or for a pet.

:)

Ice, a little advice, take it or leave it of course!!! Just drop everything in your pouch without looking at it. You can hunt longer if you do. One reason I find more than all my friends. I don't admire anything I find at all. I put everything in my goodie bag and wait till I get out to see what I have. Every few minutes you take out of your swinging time reduces your daylight.

When I tell the people I am with I think I have gold, LOL its like they are all swarming around because they know I have and we see it together for the first time.

I hunt longer and there is plenty of time at night to see everything I find.

Nice old coin there. Your going to pull barbers and maybe seated one day out of there I know. Good luck!!!

love that IH, I think any time old items are found there is potential for some cool stuff,,,,GL HH

Thanks man! That is what I was thinking, I have not hunted here too much yet, but 5 wheats, one rosie, and now an IH, I have a lot of hope for this place..

<*)))>{

Just drop everything in your pouch without looking at it. Your going to pull barbers and maybe seated one day out of there I know. Good luck!!!

Thanks Scuba, I have seen you offer others the same advice, and I try for sure. Sometimes I just gotta look.. lol..

After finding this IH, I have visions of my first seated ever in my head :yes:!

<*)))>{

I think the urn is designed for something symbolic like holy water or another liquid. If it was a cremation urn it would be larger, even for a pet. Well, unless the pet is a rabbit or something that size. It certainly is not from a human. You probably threw away a gold enameled urn for holding diamonds. The screw top is a dead give away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom