Last months finds

Jim53

Were a little harder to come by because weed killer was put in the lake. and as the weeds decay they seem to be small particles suspended in the water.
along with a machine that is digging weeds out.
inviability is poor!!
I did manage some Gold , silver and stuff, Pendant is 10k
I do not have many pics of junk as the owner who gave permission has been there and I toss it in the trash.

The problems of pull tabs!!! This guy did not make it!!

Enjoy Jim

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 518
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 507
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 510
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 511
  • 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 504
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 484
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 504
  • 8a.jpg
    8a.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 496
  • 7a.jpg
    7a.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 515
  • 6a.jpg
    6a.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 512
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 500
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 499
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 493
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 502
Very nice old spot... good job recovering those old items :yes: that mussel growing around the pull tab its amazing...

Jim, that's some nice looking stuff and great pics,,,,,poor pull tab, at least it wasn't a ring wrapped around that,,,,I swear, it seems like stingrays and occasional sharks are nothing compared to what you fresh water hunters endure,,,,,welcome to the forum,,,GL HH

It looks to me like a fresh water clam!! But I know there are lots of different kinds. Are you in fresh or salt water? I really love the variety of finds you are getting. Love your pictures. Keep em comming!!!

It is a fresh water mussel or clam. I have not cut the pull tab off, it still is as you see it.

It looks to me like a fresh water clam!! But I know there are lots of different kinds. Are you in fresh or salt water? I really love the variety of finds you are getting. Love your pictures. Keep em comming!!!

I can't hunt fresh water... I rather bump into a shark than a snapping turtle or leeches :lol:

I can't hunt fresh water... I rather bump into a shark than a snapping turtle or leeches :lol:

I see it as they both bite!!
As for the fresh water we do not have to deal with tides, waves or sanded in conditions. A bit of research pays off. Most old swimming areas are not where the modern swim beaches are today.
I think I am doing something right in fresh water.. here is last years and this years SILVER. ;)

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 234
I see it as they both bite!!
As for the fresh water we do not have to deal with tides, waves or sanded in conditions. A bit of research pays off. Most old swimming areas are not where the modern swim beaches are today.
I think I am doing something right in fresh water.. here is last years and this years SILVER. ;)

I do the same thing for saltwater beaches.. I use a before and after historic aerial site... it shows me area's back to the early 1930's and today... I also do a lot of reading at the library or talking to oldtimers (older than me) :yes:

That is an impressive picture ;)

Back
Top Bottom