Totally shocking find.

Chipk

Elite Member
I was hunting a new permission today and when I entered the backyard I saw something I had never seen before.

A cat mausoleum.

Made totally of granite it was a cube about 3 feet cubed. On top was a full sized tombstone, again made of granite. The headstone was etched with a tabby cat’s face. Below was etched:
OLIVE
2006-2016
A Good Friend and Teacher

Lord knows how much it cost.

The owner later told me she was from New Orleans and didn’t want to put her friend under the ground. Plus, if she ever moved, she could take Olive with her.

That’s one dedicated pet lover.

Of course she could have had Olive freezedried. Cheaper plus she could put her on the mantle.

Kept thinking about Stephen King’s PET CEMETERY and constantly checked to make sure Olive wasn’t coming out of the box.

While hunting, I’ve had to contend with live armadillos, raccoons, rabbits, snakes, turtles, alligators, jellyfish, divebombing Mockingbirds, bees, wasps, gnats, mosquitoes and a pig. Recently I also had to deal with a dead possum and now a deceased feline. Interesting hobby we have.

Looking forward to the day I put my wife's cat in the ground ! Sorry cat lovers !

understood

Looking forward to the day I put my wife's cat in the ground ! Sorry cat lovers !

Hope she does not read this tread. Webekin

Had another thought: My mother had a 5 toed cat for many years. It became ill needed to be put down. Short story, I took the remains to my 6 acre farm and laid the cat in an old steel ice chest complete with blanket and duct taped the lid shut, and buried it out behind the shop.

Someday, when I'm gone and the world learns that I buried a most precious item behind the shop, who will dig it up and find the prized cat remains.
My legacy, Webekin

Back
Top Bottom