Dewsweepers Awesome “Chiseled This Out of the Ground” Thread

Cliffhanger thread

Thought about taking a pick out in the field where I found the 1751 half Reale

1912 barber half

Ok well , here's my story , Thanks IDX for the Intro and .... raising everyone's expectations to Morgan or gold coin levels 😐. Lol
So everyone here knows I'm losing my mind. I picked up around 1 pm and left the house out into the frozen tundra. I Drove an hour and twenty min south after Mattmitt texted me and said he was gonna scout a pond dredge out .
I headed to an old wooded park looking for deep layers of leaves . Sure enough .. a couple few inches of lighter frost but diggable . Vencher off the leaf piles and your frozen tight to 8 inches minimum. I dug a couple Lincolns and some wine bottle screw caps .
After About 15 min of this Mattmitt called . I could hear his frozen teeth chattering.
This pond sucks ! he says ... I responded by ... Its diggable here ! Not long after he was parked next to my suburban 👍 I always look forward to the chance to meet up with a forum buddy and happy to see Matt again. I was a little jumpy thinking a Sasquach was throwing big rocks at me. 😳 The deep forest can play tricks on ones mind .

We hunted and extracted targets . As we made our way deep into the forest I came across the most beutiful signal . Pure as the snow. Flashing me a 12/47 14/48 and throwing in a 1/43 as my heart pounded ... anytime you see a 1 show up on the screen the first thing I think of is dollar! The other reason i was jumpy was it was on clean hard dirt next to a tree . No leaf cover 😦 I gave Matt a ... Hey ... I got a buttery one! He then scampered over from his pull tab signal ( no doubt an 18 k that he never finished digging). Matt liked the signal 😍
I asked if I could use his shovel as we both knew I was in trouble.
The good buddy that he is ... he said Absoluly , " But I am not going anywhere! "

After what seemed to me like 15 min of chizzeling and chopping taking turns using Lesches and his Sampson or whatever we got close . He popped the 5 inch round ice ball we had built as a protective bubble from the ground .. Just under still in the hole at about 8 inches totalit the coin laid almost flat ... it's bigger then a quarter Matt said with a smile 😀
I said .. and it's silver !
Well after 5 more min of chizzeling around the rim carefully we popped it . Light was fading this late afternoon but as we rolled over the grey dirt covered coin the shine Barber Half saw daylight once again.

Little battels is what this game is about. We were spent and it was time to head for the truck.

On the board for 2018 👍 also had a couple clad dimes a clad quarter and a wheat. Temps were around 20 with a chili breeze .
Priceless experience . Thanks Matt. First barber half ever is my first silver for 2018.
Thanks for looking guys .
,Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Ok well , here's my story , Thanks IDX for the Into and .... raising everyone's expectations to Morgan or gold coin levels 😐. Lol
So everyone here knows I'm losing my mind and I picked up around 1 pm and left the house into the frozen tundra. Drove an hour and twenty min south as Mattmitt texted me and said he was gonna scout a pond dredge out . I headed to an old wooded park looking for deep layers of leaves . Sure enough .. a couple few inches of lighter frost but diggable . Vencher off the leaf piles and your frozen tight to 8 inches. I dug a couple Lincolns and some wine bottle screw caps .
About 15 min in Mattmitt called and I could hear his frozen teeth chattering.
This pond sucks he says ... I responded by ... Its diggable here ... ... not long and he was parked next to my suburban 👍 I always look forward to the chance to meet up with a forum buddy and I was a little jumpy thinking a Sasquach was throwing big rocks at me. 😳
We hunted and extracted targets . As we wondered deep in the forest I came across the most beutiful signal . Pure as the snow. Flashing me a 12/47 14/48 and throwing in a 1/43 My heart pounded ... anytime you see a 1 the first thing I think of is dollar! The other reason was it was on clean hard dirt next to a tree . No leaf cover 😦 I gave Matt a ... Hey ... I got a buttery one! And he scampered over from his pull tab signal ( no doubt an 18 k then he never finished digging). Matt liked the signal 😍
I asked if I could use his shovel as we both knew we were in trouble.
The good buddy that he is ... he said .. , " I am. It going anywhere".

After what seemed to me like 15 min of chizzeling and chopping taking turns using Lesches and his Sampson or whatever we got close and he popped the 5 in h round ice ball from the ground .. just under it the coin laid almost flat ... it's bigger then a quarter he said with a smile 😀 I said .. and it's silver !
Well after 5 more min of chizzeling around the rim we popped it .
Little battels is what this game is about and it was time to head for the truck.
On the board for 2018 👍 also had a couple clad dimes a clad quarter and a wheatie. Temps were around 20 with a chili breeze .
Priceless experience . Thanks Matt.
,Dew

WOW Great story and Great find. Congratulations. YOU DA MAN !!!!!!

Holy scrap very nice. Man I got the urge bab but not chipping ice bad. You get extra stars on the man card for that!

I think I saw your truck today!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 396
Even more incredible the third time around Brad. You could’ve watched the Steelers lose...or the Vikings win...but you went and saw YOU win. And win you did. What a freaking HONKER!
Can I get a “Teamwork! Teamwork!”:grin:

WOW , What a start !!!

Ok well , here's my story , Thanks IDX for the Into and .... raising everyone's expectations to Morgan or gold coin levels ��. Lol
So everyone here knows I'm losing my mind and I picked up around 1 pm and left the house into the frozen tundra. Drove an hour and twenty min south as Mattmitt texted me and said he was gonna scout a pond dredge out . I headed to an old wooded park looking for deep layers of leaves . Sure enough .. a couple few inches of lighter frost but diggable . Vencher off the leaf piles and your frozen tight to 8 inches. I dug a couple Lincolns and some wine bottle screw caps .
About 15 min in Mattmitt called and I could hear his frozen teeth chattering.
This pond sucks he says ... I responded by ... Its diggable here ... ... not long and he was parked next to my suburban �� I always look forward to the chance to meet up with a forum buddy and I was a little jumpy thinking a Sasquach was throwing big rocks at me. ��
We hunted and extracted targets . As we wondered deep in the forest I came across the most beutiful signal . Pure as the snow. Flashing me a 12/47 14/48 and throwing in a 1/43 My heart pounded ... anytime you see a 1 the first thing I think of is dollar! The other reason was it was on clean hard dirt next to a tree . No leaf cover �� I gave Matt a ... Hey ... I got a buttery one! And he scampered over from his pull tab signal ( no doubt an 18 k then he never finished digging). Matt liked the signal ��
I asked if I could use his shovel as we both knew we were in trouble.
The good buddy that he is ... he said .. , " I am. It going anywhere".

After what seemed to me like 15 min of chizzeling and chopping taking turns using Lesches and his Sampson or whatever we got close and he popped the 5 in h round ice ball from the ground .. just under it the coin laid almost flat ... it's bigger then a quarter he said with a smile �� I said .. and it's silver !
Well after 5 more min of chizzeling around the rim we popped it .
Little battels is what this game is about and it was time to head for the truck.
On the board for 2018 �� also had a couple clad dimes a clad quarter and a wheatie. Temps were around 20 with a chili breeze .
Priceless experience . Thanks Matt. First barber half is my first silver for 2018.
,Dew

Took me a while to figure out who to post the congrats to, but I think I got it.........BIG HUGE CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!
Now that's the way to come out swingin !!!!!
Sounds like you sure did earn it.......Nice work.

Even more incredible the third time around Brad. You could’ve watched the Steelers lose...or the Vikings win...but you went and saw YOU win. And win you did. What a freaking HONKER!
Can I get a “Teamwork! Teamwork!”:grin:

I almost had you off the couch ... I think if I would have made up my mind sooner you would have made the drive . Just a !!!! shoot on being able to break ground . I had nothing better I wanted to do anyway .
I think Matt is passed out for the night ... nothing beats the fresh air . And he was digging everything almost ... you can tell he wants a gold coin . . and he pretty much dug my half dollar for me as I rubbed two sticks togeather frantically chanting ... I don't wanna die out here🤔

That was more fun than a barrel of monkeys!!! I cannot believe that we spent 3 hours in the woods freezing it off today chipping through the frozen ground. Ultimately well worth the time spent. Can't wait to get out again and find one more wheatie

Awesome find, and great write up guys! You're braver men than me - I plan to remain safely hidden from the cold for the foreseeable future, but we'll see how bad the itch gets! Congrats getting on the board in a BIG way!

Back
Top Bottom