I found my first 14K for 2018!

Nice save! Congrats!

I hunted with a plastic grain scoop for over a year. Mostly dry sand though. If you're gonna keep hunting wet sand, that plastic scoop is gonna give. A metal scoop is a must. Don't go cheap. Get a good one.

Raider Regards,

R5

:dingding: Nice!!! I love that bungee idea of yours, I may try it out with my Deleon when I use the CSC coil which is really heavy and kills my elbow/forearm area after 3 hours.

Two things though:

1. It's time you to spring for a bit better scoop. The aluminum one with the handle that I took a picture below for you is my dry sand scoop. I bought for under a $100 bucks from a guy that makes them in the NE somewhere sells them on Ebay. I drilled extra holes in it to help sift better. It would work great in the conditions your in. It is also strong enough to be my back up in the water.

2. You really need to be a little more excited when you find a gold ring! :lol:

Attachments

• Scoop.jpg
    Scoop.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 213
  • Box & Scoop.JPG
    Box & Scoop.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 209
Nice save! Congrats!

I hunted with a plastic grain scoop for over a year. Mostly dry sand though. If you're gonna keep hunting wet sand, that plastic scoop is gonna give. A metal scoop is a must. Don't go cheap. Get a good one.

Raider Regards,

R5

Sadly, I’m on a budget. The Rubbermaid ice scoop is pretty durable. I’m thinking about retiring the little gray feed scoop. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dingding: Nice!!! I love that bungee idea of yours, I may try it out with my Deleon when I use the CSC coil which is really heavy and kills my elbow/forearm area after 3 hours.

Two things though:

1. It's time you to spring for a bit better scoop. The aluminum one with the handle that I took a picture below for you is my dry sand scoop. I bought for under a $100 bucks from a guy that makes them in the NE somewhere sells them on Ebay. I drilled extra holes in it to help sift better. It would work great in the conditions your in. It is also strong enough to be my back up in the water.

2. You really need to be a little more excited when you find a gold ring! :lol:

I wish I could splurge on a metal scoop. Lol!

I have a difficult time showing excitement in public about finding jewelry. I fear someone will say that they just dropped it. [emoji23]

Surprised the detector works well in the salt water, congrats on the gold!

I bought the Whites hexscoop in medium and it’s not bad for the $120, used a shovel handle had to trim and sand down a bit. I like the scoop. I’d get a stealth or stavr for my next one...

Surprised the detector works well in the salt water, congrats on the gold!

I bought the Whites hexscoop in medium and it’s not bad for the $120, used a shovel handle had to trim and sand down a bit. I like the scoop. I’d get a stealth or stavr for my next one...

It works really well in the salt water. Much better than my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and my Fisher F2. Lol.

I’ll wait until I start getting deeper into the water before I get a long handle scoop. I know that there’s more good stuff in the water.

Nice job! :waytogo: Saw your video on youtube before coming across this thread :)

Woah really? I didn’t think that my videos were popping up on anyone’s YouTube seeing as how I’m just a regular dude having fun. Thanks for the heads up and for stopping by. GL&HH!

Back
Top Bottom