minelab pro-swing 45 adjustments

Detectorguy

Does anyone here use the Minelab pro swing 45 and if you how do you know when you have the adjustments perfect ? I have be toying around with one for a few days now and think I have it right, but I know there is always room for error. any thoughts or help ?

I gave up on ever getting it adjusted correctly and put it back in the box and threw it in the closet.

I used mine in England for 10 days of detecting eight or so hour days with the CTX and 17 inch coil. Made it weightless. Just have to make sure you feel all of the weight at the hip instead of the shoulder by adjusting that strut and meanwhile making sure you have the right amount tether to the detector. You would realized the huge difference it makes when you started to detect an incline and had to lift the detector to compensate for the angle.

I took mine out today and made my metal detector as light as a feather. One of my hunting buddies told me I'll give you twenty minutes with that thing and you'll want to put it back in the truck, Everyone was waiting for me as I was still out detecting and they were done in for.
I sure am glad I got it and looking forward to hours of hunting :laughing:

I had to tape the press-fit connection on the "L" support bar...kept pulling apart. It does make my Explorer and 10x12 coil feel light as a feather, however, I didn't use it at all last season. I can take it, or leave it.

The press fit connection can pop apart especially when bending or squatting,so I got mine EXACTLY as I wanted it and super glued the joint. It’s more prone to coming apart if you’re wearing a lot of bulky clothing and it’s a bit tight on the body,it just stresses the joint too much. However,after the super glue it hasn’t come apart in 100+ hours.
If I’m in a place with a lot of targets and the stock or 6” coil,I don’t need the harness so much. If I’m sweeping for half an hour with the 17” coil between targets in another place that HAS good targets,they’re just spaced way apart....the harness is a Godsend. Gary is right about compensating on a hillside,the difference the harness makes is immediately apparent when all of the sudden YOU have to take all the weight.
I love mine,but don’t need to use it ALL of the time...just on long hunts with the huge coil.
Good to hear you got it dialed in!:grin:

With my shoulder hurting the way it does I cant take the weight anymore. But I have been doing physical therapy and it seems to be helping. But now that I have this Pro-swing it just makes life simple while out metal detecting.
Been swinging a metal detector for 45 +years and must be getting Old :mad:

With my shoulder hurting the way it does I cant take the weight anymore. But I have been doing physical therapy and it seems to be helping. But now that I have this Pro-swing it just makes life simple while out metal detecting.
Been swinging a metal detector for 45 +years and must be getting Old :mad:

Not OLD...just more experienced!:grin:Whatever makes my life easier out there hunting,that’s what I do. Good luck with the PT!

Back
Top Bottom