Visit to Florida

Compass

Forum Supporter
My wife and I just returned from a week in the Miami area to visit our daughter.
I didn't have room to take my detecting gear or much free time but I sure wish I could have hunted a couple of those beaches- they were beautiful and had decent numbers of people in the water.
Interesting how far out you could go into the water and still be in waist deep water. I spoke with 1 dry sand hunter at Miami Beach who had just returned from England where he found his first gold coin- a nearly two thousand year old Roman coin. He showed me several pictures on his phone. He was from Pennsylvania and was swinging a Deus.
We encountered another dry sand hunter at Ft. Lauderdale (another gorgeous beach) who photo-bombed us:
picture.php

The nerve of that guy! :roll: GL & HH!

George

Looks like you had a wonerful time, tell you wife to take the hand cuffs off next trip for a spin, the gold was probably thier , and Felix keep's the zinc off the beach, :laughing: , glad you had a great time, Earl

Ha.... he needed a leash on that detector because hes taking it for a walk.:laughing: That long sleeve shirt is making me hot......oh and where the flip flops?

Man! That had to have been tough on you! Being right there on the beach and No Detector! Thats about the worse thing imaginable! Condolences!:laughing:

Looks like you had a wonerful time, tell you wife to take the hand cuffs off next trip for a spin, the gold was probably thier , and Felix keep's the zinc off the beach, :laughing: , glad you had a great time, Earl
Thanks Earl, We really enjoyed Florida- great food, sights, entertainment and weather. The free "people movers" and trolleys were a great way to get around town. Good thing that public transportation is so great because driving in Miami was an experience I won't soon forget! It is a wonder I didn't get into an accident. :yes:

Ha.... he needed a leash on that detector because hes taking it for a walk.:laughing: That long sleeve shirt is making me hot......oh and where the flip flops?
I wanted to talk to him but he never looked up and had such a serious look on his face- I didn't want to disturb him.

Man! That had to have been tough on you! Being right there on the beach and No Detector! Thats about the worse thing imaginable! Condolences!:laughing:
Yes, it would have been fun to try, especially at Miami Beach. I was amazed at how many people were on the beach on a weekday! :yes:

I bet you had to drink a lot of beer to stay off of the beach. Why does your wife look like she should be your daughter? I know it's not because you look old. It's because she looks young. Nice hat.:lol: Glad you had a good time Compass.

I got one of those Australian hats! With the exact same chin strap and everything! $40 retail all day long! They really go nice with black kneehigh socks and Clarke sandals there on Miami Beach! A guy fits right in!:laughing:

Great story... thanks for sharing.

When I travel I ALWAYS make room for the detector - even business trips!!! It's practically expected that the machine is in the car, suitcase, or carry-on case.

BTW - there is always time to detect...….

I bet you had to drink a lot of beer to stay off of the beach. Why does your wife look like she should be your daughter? I know it's not because you look old. It's because she looks young. Nice hat.:lol: Glad you had a good time Compass.
Thanks Dog, You just made my wife's day! :yes: I did consider buying a more fashionable hat in Miami but this one does its job so I spent the money on Cuban tacos instead! :lol:

I got one of those Australian hats! With the exact same chin strap and everything! $40 retail all day long! They really go nice with black kneehigh socks and Clarke sandals there on Miami Beach! A guy fits right in!:laughing:
Well, At my age I'm more interested in skin protection than making the cover of GQ but how did you know I was wearing knee-high black socks and Clarke sandals??? :?::lol:

got to love those folks who buy a nice detector and then try to swing like tiger Woods. And then they wonder why they are not finding anything. Of course its the lousy detectors fault.

It must have been real difficult to be on the beach without a detector. That would be real hard for me to take.

Yep, if I were to hunt dry sand, I'd be right behind that guy... :laughing:

... if I were to hunt dry sand...

R5

Great story... thanks for sharing.

When I travel I ALWAYS make room for the detector - even business trips!!! It's practically expected that the machine is in the car, suitcase, or carry-on case.

BTW - there is always time to detect...….
Thanks Rob, I suppose I could have gotten a few hours hunting in but another piece of luggage on the plane seemed challenging. I'll have to figure out a way before my Cancun trip next year though. :yes:

Glad you enjoyed the Florida trip!

How's the smoke down your way George?!?
Thanks Ron, So far, no smoke or ashes by our place but that could change with the wind direction. It's hard to comprehend the devastation that these fires have caused. I heard that over 5,000 homes were lost????

Nice pic, glad you enjoyed the trip :) Man that guy is swinging for the moon :lol:
Thanks Caribbeanson, If he was in it for the exercise he certainly got it! :yes:

got to love those folks who buy a nice detector and then try to swing like tiger Woods. And then they wonder why they are not finding anything. Of course its the lousy detectors fault.

It must have been real difficult to be on the beach without a detector. That would be real hard for me to take.
It wasn't so difficult for me since I'm more of a wet sand hunter. However, I would sure love to hunt those beaches after a big storm. :yes::yes:

Next time your down let me know. I could've met up with you and lent you a detector. I would've even let you kept what you found! :lol:

Yep, if I were to hunt dry sand, I'd be right behind that guy... :laughing:

... if I were to hunt dry sand...

R5
I hear you Raider. I'll hunt the dry sand but it's usually my last option after the wet sand, surf or water. :yes:

Looks like a nice trip, but you didn't take your detector?!
It was a great trip but we had to take our daughter a lot of her things (I hand carried her bonzai tree). It would have been a bit much to to take a detector and scoop, especially since I didn't think I would have enough time to hunt.

Next time your down let me know. I could've met up with you and lent you a detector. I would've even let you kept what you found! :lol:
Thanks Felix but you better be careful. I loaned a detector to a friend once and even marked a couple of targets in the wet sand so that he could hear what good signals sounded like. One of those targets was a big, 14K, designer ring!
Pretty sure that I'll bring the detector next time now that I know where to hunt and have gotten the Keys, Everglades and other must see destinations out of the way. :yes:;)

Whats wrong with you guys....... have you never taken your wife on a flight? Its like moving day...... her stuff.... and your one bag (thats a carry on only).:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom