• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ML Customer Service

Gold Digger 2

Elite Member
These people have become impressive with customer service,,,,,I know some years back they were difficult to deal with including getting your machine back within 4 to 6 weeks,,,,,,I am sure, just like hunting a beach timing will play in how quick the turn around is,,,but my experience now is this,,,,,,
my Xcal that I have beat to death hunting for 6 years went in and they said the ikelite connector needed replaced along with my tube had a crack replaced the tube and connector and I was good to go,,,,I questioned the board with a crack saying I hunt water,,,,they said it tested great,,,,,got it back, first hunt,,,,it died,,,,,yes, died,,,,,,sent it back in and they said the board was shot,,,replaced the board with a used board and charged me an hour labor and shipping and sent it back,,,,,hunted the next day for abut 4 hours, worked great, found 2 rings, couple earrings and a junk chain,,,,,at the end of the hunt, I started hearing a penny target that seemed like it was floating,,,,,then when it went crazy with noise I knew I was done again,,,,,got home and noticed the coil had a spilt in the cable,,,called them and said I don't know if it is the cable or the board,,,,,they said to send it in and they would look at it,,,,got a call today and they said they replaced the coil with a demo coil free of charge for customer satisfaction being they should have noticed it when it was there,,,,man,,,hats off to these people,,,,I lived the horror 8 years back with them and all their problems but this company has become what any good company should be,,,,hats off ML,,,,made me happy,,,:my2cents:

Wow... a used board and demo coil for the price of one hour labor? You made out! And hats off to Minelab. I've experienced the "company which shall not be named" service twice... three months both times and horrendous customer service. Really, REALLY, glad they are turning things around.

R5

The difference since they changed repair shops is amazing. I waited 16 weeks at the last place and they are turning machines in a week. '

I would say they treated you very fair.

Your a lucky man

When the coil wire breaks or the coil , all one part, years back it was 350.00 charge , with all the complaints over the years , that is hard to believe , sweet, guess ML is turning over a new leaf , most likely they pumped some employees and money into the fix it department, now they need to address the Equinox parts availability , still no 15 inch coil available , Earl

The new shop in PA is great. I had a bad cable wire on my Excal that I had successfully spliced a few years back. It finally failed and I wanted it done correctly with a new coil. I sent it off from Long Island NY on a Friday and had it back home on the next Saturday. Nice job too!

Steve NY

Wow... a used board and demo coil for the price of one hour labor? You made out! And hats off to Minelab. I've experienced the "company which shall not be named" service twice... three months both times and horrendous customer service. Really, REALLY, glad they are turning things around.

R5

Okay, you have me curious, exactly who is this Voldemort of customer service?

Okay, you have me curious, exactly who is this Voldemort of customer service?

No bashing sponsors on the forum... but they were the prior Minelab service center in Florida.

R5

I had a quick 2 week turnaround with my excal 800 when the coil wire split.

Fl. to Pa. to Fl.

When the coil wire breaks or the coil , all one part, years back it was 350.00 charge , with all the complaints over the years , that is hard to believe , sweet, guess ML is turning over a new leaf , most likely they pumped some employees and money into the fix it department, now they need to address the Equinox parts availability , still no 15 inch coil available , Earl

15" IS available if you look in the right places.:cool:

That's good news with all the new Nox machines everyone has purchased. I've had one dealing with them at KellyCo. My 3030 went dead and I called KellyCo and they said bring it in the morning and we will check it. I drove over the next day and was there when the opened the doors. About 3 o'clock they carried it out with a new motherboard and thanked me and no problem since.

I have a Pro-Find 35 that I'm sending in. I don't have the holster to send it with it, hopefully they give me a problem not having it(they asked for it when they sent me the RMA #)

Keith and his guys are doing a bang up job..... not to mention CS period. Lot has changed. But you wonder how the Noxs introduction affected how many he is now having to do.... and he isnt doing the Nox repairs/replacements.

Tim buddy, good to know you got it fixed finally...... and they sure did you right. NOW..... if we can just find a beach without Red Tide and thats willing to give SOMETHING we'd be in business.:lol:

Tim buddy, good to know you got it fixed finally...... and they sure did you right. NOW..... if we can just find a beach without Red Tide and thats willing to give SOMETHING we'd be in business.:lol:

Red tide, green tide, white wash, mosh mosh... h3ll, give me SOMETHING!

R5

R5....... its sure not from lack of trying. I got in the green yesterday.... there was a lot of sediment to the point of being slippery. This stuff isnt going away and has really affected the amount of people in the water. I managed two.... not one but TWO mood rings...... guess what kind of mood i was in?:lol:

I have a Pro-Find 35 that I'm sending in. I don't have the holster to send it with it, hopefully they give me a problem not having it(they asked for it when they sent me the RMA #)
I got an email from ML they have my Pro-Find 35 repaired. They got it on the 10th(Sat) I should have it on Thursday the 15th

Back
Top Bottom