Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Elite Member

Default Hello?

Originally Posted by Sultan of Sand View post
... mentioning and showing a landmark that's on the national register of historic places, well that's spot burning, don't you think?
SOS, I hate to point this out, because it is also debatable but, you have done MORE to burn your beach than the guy making the posts. If you had just kept quiet and gone about your business, most people - even on this forum would never-ever-ever know where that beach was. Now I know - so EVERYBODY knows. Wow dude, maybe next time you'll aim before you shoot.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Administrator

We deleted this thread lastnight because it got personal... We decided its a good topic as long as the drama we deleted stays out of it we can continue... its a good topic like the TV show topics...

Banned Spammers 796

Last edited by Cfmct; 02-27-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Elite Member

There is a guy that posts youtube videos of all the beaches that I hunt... with the beach names in the video name... Can't say that I like it, but what can you do, he is a newbie to detecting, doesn't know any better... but when the video is called "Gold found at ______ beach"... well, that's just asking for 100 people to hit that beach until there is no gold left.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 PM

Have to agree with Terry. I never noticed the posts until I read this thread...but I'll start looking for them now!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Aka Nameless View post
There is a guy that posts youtube videos of all the beaches that I hunt... with the beach names in the video name... Can't say that I like it, but what can you do, he is a newbie to detecting, doesn't know any better... but when the video is called "Gold found at ______ beach"... well, that's just asking for 100 people to hit that beach until there is no gold left.
100 people..there are thousands of people out there who don't post on these forums...

I remember when I first started beach hunting I was so happy that I found 4 rings and about seventeen dollars worth of change and I showed the beach I was hunting... the next day I went it looked like the surface of the moon with hundreds of holes everywhere... its funny but its not

These days I leave the camera home and take pictures of my finds here..

Banned Spammers 796

Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Aka Nameless View post
well, that's just asking for 100 people to hit that beach until there is no gold left.
Than again, who's the stupid? 100 people which are going to hunt beach of which is just shown the gold is gone already!?
Let them hunt that empty spot, hunt your next own virgin beach.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View post
SOS, I hate to point this out, because it is also debatable but, you have done MORE to burn your beach than the guy making the posts. If you had just kept quiet and gone about your business, most people - even on this forum would never-ever-ever know where that beach was. Now I know - so EVERYBODY knows. Wow dude, maybe next time you'll aim before you shoot.
That was my point above......Sultan of Sand with this thread and his remarks has managed to draw everyone's attention to the Lucy spot. Then on that Facebook page they're also talking about and naming the spot.

Seems to me it's up to the individual if he wants to divulge a location. If I hunt somewhere that's open to the public and decide to make it known, that's my business, if someone wants to complain about it, too bad they can go !!!! in their hat. Might not be too smart a thing to do but you're not going to stop me and you sure as !!!! aren't going to get in my face.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Elite Member

Might not be too smart a thing to do but you're not going to stop me and you sure as !!!! aren't going to get in my face.[/QUOTE]

My favorite part of this entire thread!
I think Whitney Houston said this too.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Elite Member

Speaking one's mind and not being bullied is a bit different than sucking down pills.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Elite Member

Find a new beach and stop posting your finds on the forums.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by JerseyMike View post
Speaking one's mind and not being bullied is a bit different than sucking down pills.
Your taking what I said too literal. It doesn't matter to me what you post, I don't live there but the first time you get up early Sunday morning,drive to your favorite beach that you shared with everyone,walk out only to see 5 or 6 people are already detecting the beach you will understand. I used to think it wasn't a big deal to tell people where you hunt until I opened my mouth once!!! YES one time to one person and it happened to me. Within days the beach was devoid of targets and I had to stop searching there. I was finding gold almost every day before that day. As I am typing this there are 925 "visitors" searching through this forum. Say hi to some of them the next time you go detecting.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Elite Member

I will give away all my spots ,.....after Ive moved away from the area and sure I wont be back there again.

Anybody want some good locations around Fernandina Bch. Fla just let me know

Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Hotrod Tom View post
Your taking what I said too literal. It doesn't matter to me what you post, I don't live there but the first time you get up early Sunday morning,drive to your favorite beach that you shared with everyone,walk out only to see 5 or 6 people are already detecting the beach you will understand. I used to think it wasn't a big deal to tell people where you hunt until I opened my mouth once!!! YES one time to one person and it happened to me. Within days the beach was devoid of targets and I had to stop searching there. I was finding gold almost every day before that day. As I am typing this there are 925 "visitors" searching through this forum. Say hi to some of them the next time you go detecting.
I see people detecting on every beach that I visit. They're everywhere and in numbers. None of these beaches are a secret. As I mentioned I don't think that anyone paid much attention to the Lucy pic and thread as far as location to hunt until Sultan decided to complain about it and in doing so confirmed that it's a good place to hunt. Heck for all anyone knew BP was posting the pic as misinformation but not after this thread. Since his (Sultan) buddies on Facebook are talking about the same beach and what's being found there I don't understand why he's complaining about someone posting something here. In addition it's not Sultan of Sand beach, it's Margate PUBLIC beach and people are well within their rights to speak freely if they choose. We may not like it (ie: might not be too smart a thing to do) but that's life.

Besides it was Sultan who said "isn't this supposed to be the FRIENDLY metal detecting forum"??????

Old 02-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Elite Member

Did you pee on the beach? Some times when I go to new metal detecting sites/beaches I mark them to ward other hunters off.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Elite Member

Default Hmmm...

I always suck down a few pills before not being bullied and speaking my mind. Wait a minute, that's not what Mike was talking about was it?

Old 02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Elite Member

Default Oh man, I laughed SO freaking hard!

Originally Posted by bottlecaps View post
Did you pee on the beach? Some times when I go to new metal detecting sites/beaches I mark them to ward other hunters off.
Dude, THAT's Funny I mean, it's absolutely true but darn funny!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by bottlecaps View post
That's why I never see anyone on that beach

Old 02-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View post
I always suck down a few pills before not being bullied and speaking my mind. Wait a minute, that's not what Mike was talking about was it?
Terry,
With some of the shots I've seen you absorb here I doubt you need pills.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Terry,
With some of the shots I've seen you absorb here I doubt you need pills.
Come on... he deserves it

Banned Spammers 796

Old 02-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Cfmct-PI View post
Come on... he deserves it
Undoubtedly!!!......and I think that's why he wouldn't need pills. It's toughened him

Closed Thread