Searching with no discrimination

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Not really detecting but kind of same idea. I was searching videos and for some reason some videos popped up about magnet fishing so I watched a couple of them. Never heard of such a thing but it looks like it might be fun to try. Attaching a high powered magnet to a rope tossing it into the river and letting it drag on the bottom while pulling it in. Be interesting to see what one might find. Any of you ever done it & if so any cool finds.

I've seen a few threads on here is the past where some have tried it. I've given it alot of thought myself but the end result always comes back to what I think I may find. Best case scenerio is I may pull a cool gun or knife out of the water, chances of that happening I imagine would be very low to find one even remotely worth saving. Possibly some tools, this would be on a really good day. Most likely be pulling out old bicycle parts, rusted pieces of sheet metal, fishing hooks, bolts, nails, etc that may make the tree huggers feel good about cleaning out of the water but not really worth the time and effort as far as I'm concerned. I try to think of any ferrus items I find while swinging and where they end up at the end of the day and that answers my question. I keep my horseshoes, (just think they are cool to find) pretty much everything else ends up in the trash.

Back
Top Bottom