Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Notices

Old 06-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by allcav View post
Do you know why this is? The Pulse actually uses the minerals and or salt sort of like an antenna. They go deeper by bouncing of the minerals so to speak.
You cannot look at an air test with PI's. It is no where near accurate.
Its the opposite with VLF machines. The air test is as good as it can get depending on ground conditions.
Agree on all counts... except that the infinium sucks dogs balls in wet sand, compared to air tests. The infinium must be the only PI that performs worse in wet sand than in my kitchen, on gold and silver, not on bottle tops. Tested this and used it for almost 3 years, STAY AWAY.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Right Brain View post
the infinium sucks dogs balls in wet sand.

You must have a broken unit because mine has been by far the best PI I have used in wet sand here in NJ, and I have used most all of them. But that's for me and as we all know, conditions as well as the hunter involved dictate performance.

If it runs better in your kitchen than outside, something is not right.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Elite Member

Agree on all counts... except that the infinium sucks dogs balls in wet sand, compared to air tests. The infinium must be the only PI that performs worse in wet sand than in my kitchen, on gold and silver, not on bottle tops. Tested this and used it for almost 3 years, STAY AWAY.
You must have been using a broken machine, should have sent it in to be checked out. I know with my Infinium after about an hour of hunting the wet sand, I stop digging the whispers, because whispers are so painfully deep I waste all my energy and spend 5 minutes digging each whisper target. That is in the wet sand, I dont even dig whispers in the water, because they are impossible to recover before the sand fills in. This is in California, some of the hottest ground in the U.S.

You either weren't ground balancing correctly, or your machine was broken...

Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Elite Member

I did get it checked out, mainly because of other infinium users telling much more "promising" tales about the infinium and how well it works. There was nothing wrong with mine.

If you're going well with your infinium, there's nothing to worry about. I didn't do well with it so moved onto other detectors and I started doing well.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Elite Member

I did get it checked out, mainly because of other infinium users telling much more "promising" tales about the infinium and how well it works. There was nothing wrong with mine.

If you're going well with your infinium, there's nothing to worry about. I didn't do well with it so moved onto other detectors and I started doing well.
Well, when you scream to "STAY AWAY" from the Infinium... and say it "sucks dogs balls" on wet sand... that's completely false in my experience. Must have been a ground balancing problem...

Old 06-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Elite Member

Oh man,asphinctersayswhat