• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hello from North Jersey

Dondo

Hello Everyone,
My name is Don and I'm from North Jersey. I am brand new to the hobby and just purchased a Whites Coinmaster last night. I am going to hit the backyard today after work and would be interested in finding a buddy to hunt and learn with. I'm sure that this site will be very usful and I'm excited about getting into metal detecting.

Thanks,
Don

I hope you do well. My son and I spent a lot of time in 2010 hunting with a Whites MD. Is your's new. Ours was old. It is the old 6000Di. I used to own one back in the 80's, and bought one again. It had never been used, and works fine (I believe). But very frustrating to use. I just looked at my logs, we searched 51 times. Found 21.25 in clad. 17 wheats, 1 Indian, 1 silver dime, and a few other things of interest. Our biggest problem with the old White's were "hot rocks"; rocks that gave a good sound and measured on the meter anywhere from silver dime to silver dollar. Many of those at almost every site here in Central Ohio.

Good luck.

Hello Don and welcome to the forum. Your own yard is the best place to start learning your machine and proper digging technique like flap cutting,

Back
Top Bottom