Nox Day 1... Didn't pay for itself yet...

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
Weather cleared up this afternoon so I took the Nox out for a spin. I went to the local park and hit the volley ball court and basket ball court area. Put in a couple of hours and here are my thoughts.

1) Not as nose heavy as I first thought. Not as light as my ATP with the 5X8, but not bad at all.

2) LONG learning curve. I basically just ran park 1 because of the 5 tone vs park 2. Figuring out what is under the coil against the signal and DVI will take some time.

3) Deep... Very Deep. I had to tune it way down on the volley ball court because it was picking up trash that was under the sand, in the dirt. They have a black liner at the bottom and the sand is a good foot deep. I hit it twice then tuned it down to 15.

4) Separation is what everyone says. Ran it by one of the tables and the pull tabs went off like a machine gun. I don't even run over there with my ATP but I bet I could pick out a quarter if I tried hard enough.

5) I don't like the handle. Soft hands I guess, but I liked the cushion on the ATP.

The dig was what I expected. Lots of trash. Lots of pennies because the regulars cherry pick and don't pull out pennies. A couple of interesting bits including an ear ring that has a makers mark but no K mark. Tested 10K and failed. Oh well. It is pretty. I found a wheat penny in a coin spill. Right on top so very new.

BCD

Attachments

• Dig_03_17.jpg
    Dig_03_17.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 167
  • S20180317_0006.jpg
    S20180317_0006.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Good first outing and report. Park 2 set to 5 tones, recovery at 7 and iron bias at 2 or 3 has been working really well for me at my trashy spots. Look forward to hearing about more hunts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good first outing and report. Park 2 set to 5 tones, recovery at 7 and iron bias at 2 or 3 has been working really well for me at my trashy spots. Look forward to hearing about more hunts!

What is the difference between Park2 in that config and park1? Park1 by default is 5 tone iron bias at 2, recovery at 6.

BCD

From what I understand they use a different variation of frequencies for each mode.

From the Equinox technologies article (part 3):

“Park 1 and Field 1 process a lower weighted frequency combination, as well as using algorithms that maximise ground balancing for soil, to achieve the best signal to noise ratio. Hence being most suited for general detecting, coin hunting, etc.
Park 2 and Field 2 process a higher weighted combination of the Multi-IQ band while still ground balancing for soil. Therefore they will be more sensitive to higher frequency (low conductive) targets, but potentially more susceptible to ground noise.”

Whatever the case, Park 2 performs noticeably better than park 1 in my test garden.

Back
Top Bottom