KT got a new toy!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
After waiting 7 weeks for it to arrive, His Majesty finally got the led usb microscope He ordered from China for only $24.95 (free shipping even!).

KT has been taking pictures of His Royal Mineral Collection of tiny crystals, but decided to let y'all see what can be done with coins. Mininum magnification is 50X, so KT decided to take a few shots of the 1986 proof commemorative He recovered from CRHing a couple of weeks back.

First image is of the date....could only get the 86 in the field of view.
Second image is on the flip side of the adult male immigrant, and the 3rd one is of the child. For a "toy" as one of KT's photographer friends called it, it takes a pretty good image imho. In the past when dinosaurids roamed the earth, KT did a lot of photomicrography with slide film and multiple exposures to get a decent picture. In most instances, this is quite comparable in quality for overall pleasing appearance to the image.

KT decided last week He did not like the crumby base that came with this camera set up and ordered a separate base that the scope will fit into. It appears to have a better, more accurate focusing mechanism. We shall see. Supposed to be delivered by the end of November...total of $16.95, again with free shipping from China. :laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• 1115_1.jpg
    1115_1.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 1115-2.jpg
    1115-2.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 1115-3.jpg
    1115-3.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 253
Do you have a picture of the actual microscope?

Sure, take a look. Now KT is not pleased with this stand for the focusing mechanism is crappy, but He ordered a new focusing stand for $16.95, again free shipping from China. It appears from its images to be more stable and a bit better quality.

Attachments

• Digital usb scope plugged into computer (800x597).jpg
    Digital usb scope plugged into computer (800x597).jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 188
Really nice, KT, I love looking at stuff way close up. My kid has some sort of toy microscope that you can connect to your tv to show the picture. 100x ,200x and 400x power, I love looking at cloth (denim is cool!) and tiny bugs that I won't tell you where I got them from :lol:

:laughing::laughing: Sometimes When KT is examining tiny minerals under magnification a tiny bug walks by! Looks like a fierce dinosaur or gigantic insect out of a horror movie! Lol

KT neglected to mention that this digital scope comes with its own software that is readily downloaded and used to capture the images.

Neat usb microscope ! (I looked at some on Amazon, so it could be added to my "wish list" for later :lol:)

I'm an amateur rockhound, and on my own property (1 1/2 acres next to woods) I have found quite a few good sized chunks of quartz rock, but I imagine they're not all that valuable, but they're interesting to find on your own property !

Nice - something for the man (or King) that has everything!
Great Christmas gift idea too -

Why is it that everything I think would be a great gifts for a family member, are things that only I would appreciate? :lol:

Here's my microscope. While not as nice as yours, it works pretty well.
microscope.jpg
I recently changed computers and it wouldn't work with the new one. I had a hard time finding the software for it but I finally did.

Don't know much about equipment like that but it sounds pretty neat. Talk about clear pictures. WOW! :wow:

Back
Top Bottom